Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Studio GOTH ;:::: GOOD BAD?????

JoeMTL

Every time I hear any Epi Goth Studio in their lineup I'm amazed at how well the they sound. I believe the pickups are different than what are in the non goth models. Here is where it gets interesting...The price for an Epi Les Paul Goth and Epi Les Paul G400 is currently $299.00 for either one. Now if you go for the regular Epiphone G400 its currently $399.00 and the Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus top is $649.00 (I still cannot believe that price). I know the non goth models are more appealing but that price difference is insane. My next Epi will be a goth or a used one. I got a Korean Epi in the Heritage Cherry Sunburst a few years ago used for $270.

Yo JoeMtl:

That is a nice looking goth LP studio. I got my son a goth Thunderbird IV bass with the same finish and decorative motif and it is an awesome bass.

I have a ebony shinny black Epi LP studio that is also awesome with some hot replacement pups; but I think the flat black one looks equally as nice, just a different vibe. Generally, though, I like the glossy finish guitars but my Schecter Omen 6 semi hot rodded is a walnut stained and satin finished guitar as well as my real nice Squire Standard Tele with a hot rodded bridge Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pup, 10.5 kohms. Do you own this guitar or is it just a picture you find interesting?

It is a nice looking guitar and probably sounds nice too.

Have a preliminary or other report?

Duffy

Winfield, Pa.

Peace

• 10 years later...

I just bought a 2006 epiphone Les Paul goth but I’m still waiting for it. I have searched the web to get the proper guitar specs for  that year but I Didn’t find it anywhere. Could someone help me ? Has it have the GT killswitch? Is the fretboard rosewood ? Thank you