Gibson Brands Forums

What´s your dream guitar?

gus²

424075.jpg

424077.jpg

Well, since I was a little kid and I saw Michael J. Fox playing "Joohny B. Goode" with a cherry red Gibson ES-335 on "Back To The Future", I´ve gotta say, that was love at first sight...Don´t know when I´ll be able to afford one, but as soon as I get the money, I´ll have one of those...what about you guys?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fickle! I admit it. My first love was an ES-335. Then the L-5. But lately, I've been looking at the Epiphone 175. And the Byrdland (which, sadly, is no longer made). But I've had a Guild T-100 natural and a 61 LP Jr. I guess I've seldom met a guitar I didn't like.

But you never forget your first love! Cheers.

I guess mine would be a PRS/Gibson hybrid... I want a non-weight relieved, non-chambered Les Paul standard, with PRS's bird inlays and denim blue finish, with the clear maple edge instead of top binding like PRS does, and the recessed knobs PRS style, with a Gibson style headstock and the Paul Reed Smith signature where Les Paul's would normally be, and Les Paul's signature on the truss rod cover. Neck and headstock binding in white, and clear finish on the back of the body and neck. Mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard... Not sure on pickups yet, probably a tossup between 490r/498t and classic 57's. Chrome hardware, clear speed knobs. Push pull coil tap on each pickup, and piezo pickups in the tuneomatic bridge and tailpiece. One master tone control, other tone knob becomes volume for the piezo. The pot for the piezo would be a push on, push off control for the piezo output, click style... Think like a retractable ball point pen. Schaller straplocks, blue suede leather strap. Custom silver case with Gibson and PRS logos silkscreened in gold with white outline.

But I haven't really put much thought into it...

I wonder just how many thousands of dollars it would cost to get my Gibson PRS hybrid built, officially, by a partnership between both companies?

I'm willing to bet they wouldn't even consider it for all the money in the world. I suppose I could just order a PRS singlecut and be satisfied with that, but I like a lot of the Gibson design points as well, mainly the headstock. PRS has them beat when it comes to sheerly beautiful tops though... Plus I really like the way they recess the knobs into the top. I would seriously pay 15,000 or more for my dream guitar as listed above... Unfortunately, I don't see it happening unless I was to get a job at one of the Chinese factories pumping out fakes and make it myself, LOL.

Hi Generation zero! If you are really serious about your idea and you have the scratch you might be able to acquire what you seek. Click this link and see what they say.....

Yeah, the carvin stuff looks really nice, and I've looked into it before. Thing is, with my "dream" guitar, a big part of the appeal of it to me would be the two names on the same headstock... Sort of how another of my dreams was to one day be in a band successful enough to convince David Gilmour and Roger Waters to both collaborate with me on a single track... What can I say, I dream big, LOL!

Sort of how another of my dreams was to one day be in a band successful enough to convince David Gilmour and Roger Waters to both collaborate with me on a single track... What can I say' date=' I dream big, LOL!

[/quote']

Alright, it's all up to you. You've gotta reunite the remaining members of Pink Floyd. You can do it! LOL

What about Nick Mason?

Oh, it's a bass... but still

Rickenbacker4003.jpg

Archived