Gibson Brands Forums

What´s your dream guitar?

gus²

Ooooo' date=' sorry, but I don't like that. No offense intended, but it looks like the little, cheap, Japanese guitars of the 1960's (and they were not good back in the 60's).[/quote']No offense taken, but it looks like May's Red Special to me :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright' date=' it's all up to you. You've gotta reunite the remaining members of Pink Floyd. You can do it! LOL

What about Nick Mason?

[/quote']

I don't even think he's playing anymore... I would have figured he would have toured with Gilmour on the last tour if he was... he looked pretty much "not into it" at the Live 8 reunion, I think that was the last time he's played publicly if I'm not mistaken. Besides, when it comes to writing, Floyd just hasn't been Floyd since the Waters/Gilmour era, IMO. None of thier solo work has stood up to the stuff they wrote together either, although much of it has been really god in its' own right. Sorta like Lennon and McCartney. I guess I'm just still hopeful that they (Gilmour and Waters, that is) will get together and write something else before one of them dies, but I'm pretty sure that's a pipe dream, especially now that Rick Wright is gone. I think if the four of them were all still with us, a reunion album might have been only a few years away. But it's not like any of them need the money, and I think especially Dave would say that without Rick, it just wouldn't be right to do any sort of Floyd reunion. Personally, I would be pleased with a Gilmour/Waters collaborative effort without the Floyd name attatched even, like I was with the Page/Plant venture a while back. I actually didn't think Walking Into Clarksville or Clarksdale or whatever it was called was a bad album... it was remniscient of Zeppelin, but it was its' own thing moreso. That's what I have hoped for from Dave and Roger for years now, but I doubt it will ever happen.

For the record, I also want Gary Cherone back in Van Halen.

I know i'm the "odd bird" in this flock, but MY dream

guitar is a modern round neck resonator, preferably all "steel", that

has vintage 1920's 1930's sound, and modern playability, i.e. action, intonation.

F*nder makes 1 that comes close, but no cigar.

I just gotta keep looking.

Ooooo' date=' sorry, but I don't like that. No offense intended, but it looks like the little, cheap, Japanese guitars of the 1960's (and they were not good back in the 60's).[/quote']

i know someone who won one of those in a raffle.

personally id sell it for another guitar but still, each to their own.

perfect guitar -

Gibson 335

Noel_Gallagher3.jpg

or a gibson super jumbo acoustic....

growing up it was a gibson SG.

although i do like gretsch country gent...

I love woodgrain' date=' and maple fretboards on Les Pauls (do they actually make that?)

[img'][/img]secondtry.jpg

This would be "ok", too, I suppose...

RedWineFlametop.jpg

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guitar-Agile-AL-2500-Albino-Nat-w-EGC-300_W0QQitemZ390026450585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item390026450585&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

I'm probably about to buy one of those for a friend of mine in left handed as a late birthday present. Pretty sweet looking Paul, no?

I guess I'm just still hopeful that they (Gilmour and Waters' date=' that is) will get together and write something else before one of them dies, but I'm pretty sure that's a pipe dream, especially now that Rick Wright is gone.[/quote']

Yeah, I hope so too. Gilmour was a more down to earth and mellow writer of great music, but Roger was a more conceptual and "deeper meaning" lyrical writer. The combination of the two was dyn-o-mite!

dynomite.jpg

oh boy... sorry to go horribly off topic fellas...

edit: Now there's a Pink Floyd Topic O:)

Well, I've put a lot of thought into this and I have come up with the specifications for my perfect guitar:

Mahogany Stratocaster Body (three colour sunburst)

Three Gibson Burstbuckers

Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Bigsby

Tortoise Shell Pickgaurd

Set Mahogany Neck with Rosewood Fretboard

Block Inlays

Grover Tuners

That would be awesome...

How about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guitar-Agile-AL-2500-Albino-Nat-w-EGC-300_W0QQitemZ390026450585QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item390026450585&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

I'm probably about to buy one of those for a friend of mine in left handed as a late birthday present. Pretty sweet looking Paul' date=' no?[/quote']

Oh, yeah! Strangely, enough, I was in one of my local music stores discussing the pros and

cons of asian-made copies, and Agile was mentioned. I showed the Raven to the gentleman I

was chatting with (he likes woodgrain, too), and was thumbs-up. Another employee came by and

eyeballed it, the did the "raised-nose - harrummph" kind of thing, said HE would only own GIBSON.

Uhh, I DO own a GIBSON, love it, but am also enjoying the heck out of discovering "alternative"

guitars that are "Worthy". I'm sorry, dude (grovel, grovel), I'm not worthy, I didn't drag a Gibson

in here... Bwaaa, haaaa, haaaa!!! Hell, if Billy Gibbons showed up on stage playing a "Hello Kitty"

guitar, I don't believe the fans are going to demand their money back. I LOVE the AGILE you

provided the link to. I must investigate closer...

A US made very high quality Epiphone Wildkat. high quality woods, one piece neck, high quality wiring and pots, block inlays, handwound P90's, bone nut, no non US hardware or parts at ALL...I want them to pretend the Wildkat used to be built back in the glory days-and build it like they would have then. And for God's sake keep it to less than 2000.00 USD 1500.00 USD sounds reasonable. If they built that though they'd charge 4,000.00 and only build a handful. I might see about getting buy with just one kidney if that did occur....

Hey' date=' did anybody else notice that there's a guitar in that pic?

Cause I didn't... :D 8-[ [/quote']

guitar? what guit...oh, i see...

and Rickenbacker comes on 2nd place, by the way, how much does a brand new 330 Rickenbacker cost? 271470.jpg

How about this?

I'm probably about to buy one of those for a friend of mine in left handed as a late birthday present. Pretty sweet looking Paul' date=' no?[/quote']

I saw the Blondie version w/ maple fretboard...so, so - I want the translucent blue or rootbeer with maple

fretboard!

Archived