Gibson Brands Forums

More pictures of Gear, Come on guys, pitch in!!!!

Svet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Not only did Mr. Paul invent the solid-body electric guitar' date=' he invented multi-track recording... [/quote']

In fact the first commercially available solid body guitars (excluding lap steel models) were almost certainly produced by Slingerland with the Model 141 which was being sold in 1939 and quite possibly as early as 1936.

Site: Slingerland History

I'll play along too and add mine to the collection!

GuitarsSmall.jpg

From left to right - Squier California Series Stratocaster' date=' Squier California Series Telecaster, Epiphone SG G-310, and my knock of Les Paul GoldTop.

Still waiting for my parts to arrive for the Tele, I've played the damn thing once the whole time I've had it, and the rest of the time it's been waiting patiently for the new pickguard and bridge. Apparently they've been held up in customs, and could be there for 5 weeks! My knock off Les Paul is for sale to fund the purchase of a proper Epiphone Les Paul.

And of course my little Fender Frontman 25R amplifier, and trusty Vox Wah pedal.

[img']http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/mk2maniac/AmpSmall.jpg[/img]

Pretty simple stuff really!

I was looking for a MIM Start but everybody wants a high price for a used MIM strat where I live. So I was thinking about going with a squier because they seem to be cheap. Are you happy with the squire strat and tele?

I know what you guys are saying about Black' date=' I own/(ed) 3 black ones, very hard to keep them looking clean... but both the black beauty and the p2 still look sharp anyways.. [/quote']

You're not alone. I still have 4 black guitars. Love'm, they go well with my personality..LOL

I was looking for a MIM Start but everybody wants a high price for a used MIM strat where I live. So I was thinking about going with a squier because they seem to be cheap. Are you happy with the squire strat and tele?

I love the Strat. It's a fantastic guitar for the money ($300NZ new). It's finished beautifully, much better than the similarly priced SG. It's just beautiful and shiny, the neck fits in the pocket better, it has better quality tuners and the fretboard is finished better. It's a joy to play, sounds fantastic, intonates correctly and the neck is perfect. The SG has a great neck too, I just play the Strat a bit more often because it has the nice single coil sound I love, so I've grown a bit more accustomed to it. As I said, I'm looking to get a Les Paul soon, but after that when I have some funds free, I might fit some HB sized P90s to the SG, which will encourage me to play it a bit more since it'll sound a lot better.

There's a lot of Squier hate around, but I don't really see why. I'd definitely steer clear of anything lower than the California Series. Personally I don't think anything above that offers much more in terms of quality, playability, or equipment, at least not to me. I pretty much just play for my own enjoyment, and I'm by no means a pro player. More serious musicians might find something in the higher spec models but the mid range ones suit me fine.

As I said, I played the Tele maybe once or twice before I ordered some parts for it and took the strings off in anticipation of those parts arriving, but they have been held up at customs apparently. I did enjoy the small amount of time I managed to play it though. The neck is pretty much identical to the Strat, it has the same tuners, and the neck fits the pocket nice on it too. It's lacking a bit of shine, but that's becssue I bought it used. Again, for the money it's a great guitar. I paid $275NZ for it, which included a little 15G amp, which I sold for $130NZ, so essentially it cost me $145NZ. Pretty damn cheap! If it has any faults, the neck pickup is probably a tad bland, but nothing a few bucks at Guitar Fetish won't fix, and it's still a lot cheaper than most!

There's a lot of talk about black guitars here.

I've got nothing against them , but I've never owned or even been tempted to buy one.

I've had red, blond, brown.........it is guitars were talkin' right? LOL

Here's some of my immediate play toys... I have other toys scattered through out the house, and in storage.

Right now I'm working on a Christmas song playing trumpet, and some clarinet counter melodies (Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas).

278539.jpg

Wow! Lots of great gear guys! Heres my stuff. Kinda left of center compared to most gear here but what the heck...................

Stuff009.jpg

I actually have two of these now. Perfect small stage setup.

DSC03143-1.jpg

Pure muscle. Excellent metal gains and a great clean channel.

DSC01618.jpg

Cheap but very reliable and great sounding backup amp.

DSC03139.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03136.jpg

I call it Green Eddie. I built it from a discarded 2nd (3rd?) body and a prototype neck from Meanstreet Guitars.

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

My custom Southeast Guitars Charvel. Ribbon grained mahogany body is gorgeous. Best neck I have ever played!

DSC02903.jpg

DSC02905.jpg

DSC02906.jpg

My Kramer 1984. Made in the USA. Excellent craftsmenship. By far the best guitar I have for fingerstyle and soloing.

DSC02897.jpg

DSC02900.jpg

DSC02899.jpg

My 1988 Kramer LK2. A shredders delight.

DSC02908.jpg

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02912.jpg

My 1982 Burny RLC60 LP Custom Lawsuit. If you like LPs do yourself a favor and check these and Tokia out.

DSC02890.jpg

DSC02887.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

My 2008 Washburn WI50V. I wanted a modern take on an LP with a Floyd. This is it and I love it. Funny thing is, it plays the smoothest blues.

Thats basically it. I have heaps of Boss pedals and a couple of multi effects. No pics though. And a nice Boss BR900 personal studio. I tend to lean towards hard rock with heavy blues influence. Alot of people ask why I use Valve Jrs. instead of bigger and meaner amps. Well, I don't play big shows. And I just like the simpleness of the VJr. The tones are awesome and it loves pedals. Adding another cab smoothes the sound and it looks cool. Thing is though you really need two to get through. I would like to get two VSrs when they finally come out. If I need more sound I usually just goto my Randall. But I've found that to be rare.

Here are a few more pictures of guitars I have or had.

88Kramer6101.jpg

My '88 Kramer 610. Solid maple body and an awesome neck!

87KramerStriker300ST1.jpg

My '86 Kramer Striker 300. Junk everything except the neck. My second guitar I bought back in '86.

85KramerFocus1K1.jpg

My '85 Kramer Focus 1000. Awesome guitar! Like an idiot, I sold it. Dumb.

YoFamily002.jpg

My Kramer 1984, Standard, Custom and DR200S. I sold both the Standard and Custom. I don't sell guitars anymore.

Archived