Gibson Brands Forums

Help me identify my Epiphone Les Paul

andylivingston

Hello Epiphone forums. I'm new here.

The reason I'm posting is that I've had this Epiphone Les Paul model guitar for over ten years. It was my first guitar. I have had great difficulty identifying the model. I would suspect a Les Paul 100 because of the bolt-on neck and 4 potentiometers. However, it does have an archtop. I brought it to Guitar Center today with the intent of selling it (I didn't, not nearly enough to part with it) and asked about it. Nobody there really helped.

I have a folder of pictures here: Folder of guitar pictures

It originally came with the Les Paul 100-type cream-clear knobs, and had unmarked pickups.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

I love this guitar, but I don't get overly sentimental. I am in a tight spot financially, so I've been selling my guitars one-by-one. I want to keep it, but if the right offer came along I'd sell it, mostly because I want the opportunity to paint another guitar. I'd love to start that kind of business.

As for the pickups, the one thing I didn't like about the guitar was how dead the old stock pickups sounded. The Duncans make it sound so much more alive and... pop I guess. Maybe sizzle. I use it for recording, so that was the most I spent on an upgrade. It's a Duncan Distortion in the bridge position, and Jazz by the neck, by the way.

Hello Epiphone forums. I'm new here.

The reason I'm posting is that I've had this Epiphone Les Paul model guitar for over ten years. It was my first guitar. I have had great difficulty identifying the model. I would suspect a Les Paul 100 because of the bolt-on neck and 4 potentiometers. However' date=' it does have an archtop. I brought it to Guitar Center today with the intent of selling it (I didn't, not nearly enough to part with it) and asked about it. Nobody there really helped.

I have a folder of pictures here: Folder of guitar pictures

It originally came with the Les Paul 100-type cream-clear knobs, and had unmarked pickups.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

I'd say it's some type of modded epiphone 100. What type of pickups are on there?

Archived