Gibson Brands Forums

New pickups GFS-- Video is on youtube!

Nice of you to compare them like that....and I was sitting here listening...glad I am not the only one who thought the stock p/u's sounded better. The GFS's didn't do what I thought they would. I had heard a lot on here brag about them...and they aren't bad at all, but not worth swapping out I don't think.

Thanks for doing this BlueLesPaul2006 ! I had been wondering about the GFS Humbucker pick ups.

Yeap the VEH is louder...but loud doesn't equal better in that case I don't think.

Now does anyone have this kind of video with thier single coils? I am thinking of changing out the ones on my Peavey Reactor. How about the twin rail humbucker style they have?

Capt

I just put a Crunchy Rails in the bridge and Lil Killer in the neck of my Squier '51, and I have to say they are better than stock. Coil tap on bridge, but left neck as a rail bucker in single slot. Neck is warmer and better for clean sounds, where bridge is dirty tapped or HB. I'm really happy with my Rail Pups from GFS. Got 10K Lil killer and I believe the Crunchy Rails are 14ish, but can't recall. Good match if you want bite at the bridge and smooth at the neck.

Archived