Gibson Brands Forums

Hi! I'm new here! Can you guys tell me if this is a fake Sheraton?

willmak

...as are those OPINIONS of other members' date=' which they are entitled to,... as you are to AS90 :) [/quote']

Yes, that is what I just said, I am entitled to find them annoying as much as they are entitled to express them. Not once did I say people shouldn't post, I just wish they wouldn't be so quick to dismiss perfectly good guitars as fakes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we should take heed of another Bronte..... Charlotte:-

Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs.

The invitation to play 335s and Sheratons when you are next in middle England still stands,

be you Bronte, Nelson or some other equally imaginative and entertaining name.

The bottom line is that this is what I consider a vintage guitar and there's not a great deal of refrence points for older Epis out there and this board and the opinions of the community are a valuable asset when considering an older Epi. Does someones opinion make it real or not, of coarse not you the buyer have to do your homework and make an informed decision you can't take peoples opinion personally you just have to take them for what they are opinions.

And for "Bronte" , an old saying "The more things change the more they stay the same"

mgm

I've only ever seen one fake Epi but I've seen over 100 fake Gibos in the last 12 months...

Looks like we agree to disagree Jeff!

:)

You're keeping an accurate count of the fake Gibsons you see every year? No wonder my statistics are so suspect. Who is selling these myriad fake Gibsons?

Amazon has it in stock for $19.77:

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Book-Hal-Leonard-Corporation/dp/0634060384/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236869344&sr=1-1

That's less than I paid for the various versions I bought on the corner of Mass Ave and Boylston at Berklee back in the 70's. I vaugely remember they were $40 then. But I wouldn't wait, when I looked for them last year, they were out of stock all over. BTW, all the royalty issues are worked out now, it's a legit publication so no more back alley transactions nec.

However:

"The cover is the same, the type set is the same, many of the songs are the same, and most of the keys match the, "Real Book 5th Edition." Unfortunately, many important songs are missing including: "Gentle Rain", "Pennsativa", "Green Dolphin St.", "Days of Wine & Roses", "Spain", "A Foggy Day", and all frank Zappa songs. Some great songs have been added including: "Whispering", "Nuage", "Topsy", "That's Amore", "Easter Parade", "When You Wish Upon a Star", and many more. A few songs appear in a different key than the, "5th Edition" including: "Windows" and "Here's That Rainy Day." There are also some corrections including: "Blue Train" changed from Cm blues to Eb blues; "Equinox" changed from Cm to C#m; the chords to "Four" have been 'corrected'; the bass lines of "So What" and "Maiden" have also been corrected."

Be honest now. Did you learn anything from my post that you didn't know before?

Bronte

I sure did...I didn't know until you taught me that you're an arrogant, socially inept buffoon who wants to be the hero he castigates others for alledgedly wanting to be. I feel enlightened. Thank you.

Note to self: Bronte is the only hero around here.

...and Jeffrey...voted jerk off number one of the forum with almost two thousand vapid' date=' meaningless posts has the stones to tell me that "I" need to get a life...that's hilarious..

Bronte..... (Google: "Duke Of Bronte") or whoever the hell I'll be next[/quote']

There was an election? As I recall, you subscribed under a new pseudonym, called me a jerk-off, and were never heard from again under that name.

I'll try to make my posts less vapid by disputing every person's opinion followed by calling him a moron. You have about 2 disciples on this forum, and I'm not completely sure that they aren't you using two other pseudonyms. Buy yourself a trophy.

A lot of people might be missing the point here. The purpose of this forum is not to educate. It is not to warn or protect. The purpose of this forum is to discuss. And that discussion should be free to go where it goes. It's bad when people get nasty because this inhibits the flow of the discussion. Those of you who need to (and you know who you are), please grow up or go elsewhere. Cheers.

Archived