Gibson Brands Forums

Amplitube Fender ran through my Valve Junior is GREAT!!!

Found that by running my Mac's sound into my Valve Junior V3 Combo and firing up the newest Amplitube FENDER I can get some amazing sound. I now have a room full of classic Fender Amps! I'm also using a small Art Tube Preamp as a DI so basically it's

Guitar (LP) -> Art Preamp -> Mac's LINE IN and sound out is directly into my Valve Junior's input (using mini adapters on both in and out).

Back in the ol' days (70's) I owned a Deluxe Twin Reverb - didn't use it much cause I also had a 100-Watt Marshall Superlead stack that I used 99% of the time (100% for gigs). I liked the Fender but wound up trading it for a NEW (at that time) SUNN Beta-Lead 2/12 Combo.

This is as close as I can imagine to the real deal... It sounds simply amazing pumped through my VJ. If you haven't tried Amplitube Fender be prepared to be "wowed" cause it's the best sounding sim I've used yet - including all the Amplitubes, Guitar Rig 3, etc. I'm wasting away this weekend playing loads of Fenders!

Yeah, I know what you mean man.O:) Models can be a blast! I don't have Amplitude but I've run models with my Tech21 GT2 pedal and my Boss BR900. Sounds great at low volumes but great progressivly crappier the louder the amp gets. Oh well, thats the VJr. I'm quite satisfied for now with the BitMo Trio mods on both my VJr. full stacks. I can now play the VJrs. with my son on drums. I love it!

Archived