Too much appreciation for Gibson

wrighty3693

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baby hawaiian guitar!!!!!

LOL

love how it has a mini case' date=' and is that a humidor? rad![/quote']

Hey CBAF, that is a hydrometer built into the case. It's actually the Masterbilt Ukulele built by Epiphone and it has the same case as the Masterbilt Acoustics.

masterbiltaj500rtop.jpg?t=1237648661

masterbiltaj500rback.jpg?t=1237648795

epiphonemasterbiltfr500ratop.jpg?t=1237648689

eiphoneMasterbiltdr500rabackp.jpg?t=1237648749

So tell me, why can't you buy a Fender? I love my Fenders as well as my Epis, Gibsons, PRS, Eastmans, Martins ETC ETC

Why does everyone here say "My Epiphones knowhere near as good as my Gibson" it's starting to wear a little thin. Gibson make some good guitars yes but this is an EPIPHONE FORUM! If you love Gibsons so much go to that forum. By the way i've played alot of Gibsons and my Epiphone is brilliant compared to them.

Just stop and think please!

"Nowhere as good as" might be stretching it a bit, especially when considering the Elitist line. The electronics and the plastic finish put a good arm's length between the two makes, though. One can upgrade the electronics, but that finish.....

I hated polyurethane the first day I saw it. Reminded me of polyester resin.

OH my' date=' that sure is sweet Animal!!! What are those things??!? I love em!! Some of the pictures didn't show up and I have the red x on my browser! Pls post some more shots![/quote']

Uh, oh - browser interface problem. Try right-clicking on the "red x", then click

"download pictures". Anyone else having same problem? If you can't see the

pix, they're ELECTRIC UKES! Aluminum, Solid-body, and Strat-style...

If this still doesn't work, Google "pictures of electric ukeleles". At very top

of page should be a line that says same and has a few pictures underneath,

click that link, look at pages of pix, most will have ukes...

Why does everyone here say "My Epiphones nowhere near as good as my Gibson" it's starting to wear a little thin. Gibson make some good guitars yes but this is an EPIPHONE FORUM! If you love Gibsons so much go to that forum. By the way I've played a lot of Gibsons and my Epiphone is brilliant compared to them.

Just stop and think please!

Just relax there big guy......

Not everyone that's a member here owns just an Epiphone, and there are a few that don't own an Epi's or Gibby's at all. And since every individual is going to have some sort of an opinion about how a guitar feel to them, you're just gonna have to live with the fact there will be Gibson, Epiphone, and whatever brand proponents out there..... And they have their right to post their preferences of an individual guitar they feel is superior to whatever brand.

However, the above does not pertain to counterfeit guitars..... If you want glorify your counterfeit Gibson or Epiphone guitar, you can go to http://ijockmycounterfeitaxe.com and talk about it there.

back to your regular scheduled program

Ya sure ..ukes are cool! The most renown uke player was Tiny Tim....he certainly had a unique

Uke style....of course it helps if you have a falsetto voice too.

Here's his signature song on Rowan & Martin Laugh-in.

If that doesn't give you some inspiration to learn Uke..not much can. LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

this is what made me get a Uku! He is playing a Tenor sized ukulele though. I have a Soprano which is much smaller.

this is what made me get a Uku! He is playing a Tenor sized ukulele though. I have a Soprano which is much smaller.

Now that IS cool! Didn't realize that there were some talented players and not just strummers out there.

For my next carving project, I may just make a LP shaped double cutaway electric

tenor uke out of some exotic woods.

..or maybe a Flying V style electric uke with two split p_ups and 3-way, if 4 strings

are good..eight gotta be better!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahitian_ukulele

Guest icantbuyafender

Hey CBAF' date=' that is a hydrometer built into the case. It's actually the Masterbilt Ukulele built by Epiphone and it has the same case as the Masterbilt Acoustics.

So tell me, why can't you buy a Fender? I love my Fenders as well as my Epis, Gibsons, PRS, Eastmans, Martins ETC ETC

[/quote']

It started off with my FIRST venture into the electrified string instrument.

I had prior only played classical guitar, or a classical acoustic electric in my highschool 4 year ensemble program.

my first electric was a affinity squier strat, and on it i learned to do modifications like soldering etc.

I basically used nothing but a small practice amp which i replaced with a used marshall MG combo.

I wanted a new electric having decided that I would stick with electric guitar like i did classical and explore further into this realm we know and love.

while still being in highschool i had a job at a restaurant and i realized that the thought of owning a fender classic player jaguar HH was well out of reach on my budget... so the moniker "i cant buy a fender" i really meant afford but it was too long to use as a screen name for aim

soooo it went from afford to buy, and my screen name Icantbuyafender was born.

it used to mean i couldnt afford one back then, but now that i can, it means that I wont buy one buy one because then I'd have to change all of my online screen names too and transfer data and etc. to a new screen name.

its basically my online ID for everything so itd be a huge hassle.

next stop an '01 LP 100 that I quickly returned because within a week of owning mine, someone returned a epi LP std+ beyond guitar center's money back guarantee. so, they stuck it on the floor as USED. it still had the pickup plastic and pickguard sticker with the hang tags. seeing oppurtunity i refunded the LP-100 immediately and bagged me the LP std+ .

Ive been an epi fan since then... but the new quality control standards are quite horrid....

Epiphone COULD be like Gibson, if they'd go back to that (Nitro) finish, to building their own models (and not Asian knock-offs of Gibson models), even if they did it, in China. The Elitist models, were 99% Gibson quality (docked 1% for no Nitro finish). The Masterbilt acoustics, are proof enough that Chinese workers can build a very good product, if allowed to do so. But, unfortunately...aside from the "Collector" grade USA manufactured Epi's, that's probably not going to happen. They'll continue to build "nearly as good," to satisfy the demand for "decent, and affordable." What I'd much rather see, is for Gibson, to price LP's and SG's (in their standard production line, at a Reasonable price point) and leave the high dollar versions, for the Custom Shop! They could (easily) drop the standard production price line a Grand, since most have gone up that much, in less than 2 years. Then, for the folks that have to have the exact duplicate of a '58-'60 LP Flame top/Tiger Stripe, leave those to the Custom Shop (as they are, now)! There will be a point, and..who knows, we may be reaching it now(?), where consumer's will simply not buy, things they really can't afford, anymore. Having said that, WE are to blame, too...for just blindly and willingly going along with every price increase, and subsequent "Marketing spin" for those increases, when our wages have not gone up, the same percentages. If WE buy them, they're going to continue making them, and at higher and higher price points. I can't and won't tell YOU what to do, but...it's "Supply and Demand," as always ...even if that "demand" is artificially enhanced, through clever marketing, and "endorsements." It's not just Gibson, either.

CB

Just a observation don't want to offend anyone.

Why are some folks buying a Epi's and modding it to death and comparing the sounds

to Gibson. Why not just get a real Gibson, the one you can afford comfortably.

What is the point...really? JMHO.

A lot of Gibson buyers "mod" their guitars, too. Changing pickups, hardware, wiring, etc. to "personalize" them,

more that to correct any "flaws." With Epiphones, the same applies, but with pickups, there can be a real

big difference, in tone and articulation, from "stock Korean or Chinese, to SD, DiMarzio, Gibson, even GFS

and others. Pots, Switches, and wiring are (quite often) not the best, on stock Epi's, either. So, that

"Modding To Death," is sometimes needed. Whereas Gibson mods, are more for "personal" tone or

aesthetic reasons...IMHO, as always.

CB

BTW the Hydrometers are not accurate! I have a console humidifier in my guitar storage room and I have a digital Hydrometer/Temp gauge. I try to maintain a 70/50 setting.

It's not a hydrometer, it's a hygrometer.

Pre-1943 - Epi all the way

1944-1964 - It didn't get no better than a Gibson

1965-1969 - Would probably take something made in the Eleanor Street Plant over a Gibby.

After that - I guess I don't really have an opinion.

Today - would rather have a Fender CS Nocaster.

Archived