Gibson Brands Forums

Too much appreciation for Gibson

wrighty3693

Put that 3 or 400 down on a real guitar. Layaway plan.

Quit wasting $$$ on cheap-a$$ guitars. (Me too!!) Lol..

I'm not always right..just never wrong.

Dude, looking at your sig; you have about $2000 tied up in "cheap-a$$" guitars. Put your money where your mouth is. Why didn't you buy just one "real" guitar? If you were around in the sixties, you'd remember what cheap import guitars were. They were truly crap. What $300 buys today is definitely not crap. These are amazing values and provide a heck of a lot of enjoyment for the money. And they'll be around 30 years from now for our grandkids to enjoy.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The total cost of my guitars is about $2800... I have a feeling I'm much happier playing those eight than if I were stuck playing a single ES-335 or Les Paul that cost the same. I'd like to have the Gibsons, but as a non-working, in-college musician, it's not an option for me.

Also, if I had saved my money over the time it's taken me to buy all of these, I wouldn't be able to play, since I wouldn't have anything. I don't consider any of them to be "sub-standard" guitars... the Squier Strat doesn't hold up to my Fender, but it's a suitable backup guitar. The Fullerton dreadnought, in my opinion, is the best-sounding $100 acoustic I've ever played.

what is it about these type of threads...... LOL

The same pattern in every one of them...

(1) what's so good about ______________?

(2) I've got one and it's better than your __________?

(3) Oh yeah, well %$#!@*$!! you!

It would be better not to bring in the G-word, but it tends to happen when someone is just really pleased with their Epiphone and doesn't feel the need to save up and buy a G-word.

I think they grow to 6 pages when someone gets abusive.

no kidding....

How can you take any comment seriously when someone tells you your guitar sucks, when they've never laid a hand or an ear on the damn guitar](*,)

When I was in junior high, when the players that had Hondo's or Eleketras would come over and jam, we never bagged on them or their guitars..... We only cared about making noise.

Guys; anymore name calling and this thread will be closed.

Getting a bit sick of all these new mods threatening to close threads and giving people ultimatums, you are not here to throw your weight around or act like you're the boss of the forum. You are here to tidy up and move things around, if you think something contravines the rules close it, delete it or move it. If you want to warn someone do it by PM, I mod on other forums, quietly, I dont use them to massage my ego. Neither should you.

Getting a bit sick of all these new mods threatening to close threads and giving people ultimatums' date=' you are not here to throw your weight around or act like you're the boss of the forum. You are here to tidy up and move things around, if you think something contravines the rules close it, delete it or move it. If you want to warn someone do it by PM, I mod on other forums, quietly, I dont use them to massage my ego. Neither should you.[/quote']

Don't see how he threatened anyone, other than to shut down a thread that's going absolutely nowhere but down the toi-toi.

Name calling will not be tolerated, rules don't get any clearer than that.... And if you think we like having to publicly enforce basic rules that basic common sense should be able to grasp, well then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm personally tired of reminding the same four members that feel the need for name calling, and turning threads into their own personal battle field.

Don't see how he threatened anyone' date=' other than to shut down a thread that's going absolutely nowhere but down the toi-toi.

Name calling will not be tolerated, rules don't get any clearer than that.... And if you think we like having to publicly enforce basic rules that basic common sense should be able to grasp, well then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm personally tired of reminding the same four members that feel the need for name calling, and turning threads into their your own personal battle field. [/quote']

=D> I didn't say he threatened anyone with violence, he threatened to close the thread. And you obviously DO like publicly 'enforcing' rules because you dont have to do it. You can use the PM system.

That's his right to warn all about closing a thread, it's his call.

If you would like we can go back to the old format and not warn anybody, and just delete threads and suspend accounts at will???? That sure would save me a whole ton of typing.

That's his right to warn all about closing a thread' date=' it's his call.

If you would like we can go back to the old format and not warn anybody, and just delete threads and suspend accounts at will???? That sure would save me a whole ton of typing.

[/quote']

But that wouldn't make you look as 'cool' would it?

And you obviously DO like publicly 'enforcing' rules because you don't have to do it. You can use the PM system.

No I don't, but this is the most effective way to get the point across to everyone.... And to the very small minority that don't get the point. We only PM members if they are on the verge of being handed a vacation.

You can moderate your site the way you see fit, and we will moderate this site the way we see fit.

The same pattern in every one of them...

(1) what's so good about ______________?

(2) I've got one and it's better than your __________?

(3) Oh yeah' date=' well %$#!@*$!! you!

It would be better not to bring in the G-word, but it tends to happen when someone is just really pleased with their Epiphone and doesn't feel the need to save up and buy a G-word.

I think they grow to 6 pages when someone gets abusive.

[/quote']

"It's All ****!" (John Lennon, in regard to such conversations, and comparisons) He was "Right ON," too...

IMHO....as always. LOL!

CB

No I don't' date=' but this is the most effective way to get the point across to everyone.... And to the very small minority that don't get the point. We only PM members if they are on the verge of being handed a vacation.

You can moderate your site the way you see fit, and we will moderate this site the way we see fit.[/quote']

The problem is the site isn't moderated properly, there are too many inane, rambling threads left open for chaos to ensue. Gibson Vs Epiphone threads should be deleted on sight, especially if it isn't even a valid question just a silly statement made by the author, like this thread. 'Is this a fake' theads are also too numerous, they should be merged into a single thread and pinned somewhere. There are also new members with really bad attitudes who make really negative comments about other peoples gear, those comments should be deleted and a PM issued, a patronising 'stop it or else!' isn't the way to do it.

And, FWIW...I think the "moderators" are doing a good job! God knows, we cannot be left to our own devices,

at least for very long, unfortunately. And, they're pretty easy on us, so far. I don't know if it's the "economy," the general state of the world, or just the darker side of human nature, but there seems to be an undercurrent of "hostility" everywhere, anymore. So, I guess it's not too surprising, it will turn up here, now and then. And, because of that, we need (and I appreciate) moderators, that are fair, and who do try to "warn," or steer threads away, from going down the tubes. I (personally) don't see them trying to look or act "cool," but just trying to do their job, as best they can, in the fairest possible manner. But, maybe that's just me?!

CB

God knows' date=' we cannot be left to our own devices,

CB[/quote']

Most of you can...... It's just the same few hammer heads](*,) .....LOL

BTW thanks for nice comments CB..... We really don't want to be Blue Meanies.

I think Im just bored. There doesn't seem to be any interesting or original threads anymore' date=' they all seem the same.[/quote']

I agree that it can seem that way from time to time but lets not be so quick to dismiss threads like " is this fake " or " serial number question ". They are usually from newbies and we have all been there before and sometimes may can be of some use to someone else.

I agree that it can seem that way from time to time but lets not be so quick to dismiss threads like " is this fake " or " serial number question ". They are usually from newbies and we have all been there before and sometimes may can be of some use to someone else.

I agree, but they should be merged and pinned to keep them off the main board.

Archived