Gibson Brands Forums

Wheres the free Gibson promo stuff?

lpfan

I'm not saying a t-shirt or sticker is gonna make or break a sale. All I'm saying is for the price we pay for certain giutars it wouldn't bankrupt them if they said thanks heres a shirt or sticker or something. Thats all. I just like to get a good deal and some times freebies make the deal seem better. Lots of other companies have given me stuff for free. Even Epiphone gave me some stickers. They were cheap looking but still it was something. Gibson's cost more than anybody else and the only extra thing you get is the receipt. I just think thats crap. Thats all but hey I'm over it. It is what it is.

By the way GC is giving away tons of stuff with purchases this month. Check out their store flyer next time you go to one.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to get something, but from their perspective- why bother?

What bothers me is that you can't even buy a simple t-shirt for a reasonable price. I wear shirts for half the companies or stores I buy from, and in most cases I paid for them.

Honestly' date=' how much does free stuff effect their sales?

Maybe passing things out at a trade show to people who have never heard of a company before, but at this point, who plays guitar that hasn't heard of Gibson or Epiphone?

When shopping for a guitar, in most cases the decision is down to a Fender-type or Gibson-type... from there, it's about price and availability.

Who really is going to look at a $2500 Gibson and a $1500 Carvin (or any other similar instrument for less money) and say "Well, Gibson gave me a t-shirt, so I'll pay the extra thousand."?

If they were in a low-point, where the name hadn't been seen in a decade or so, free stuff would help. But Gibson has been a constant presence for a century now.

You don't even have to be a guitar player to know the names, either... my grandfather said once "I think Fenders and Gibson's are about the best ones," and he's never touched a guitar in his life.

I've bought two Gibson in 2009, and they've never given me anything. If I had the money, I'd buy a few more.[/quote']

The above sums up my feelings when I purchase a guitar from whatever guitar company....

IMO put the onus on the guitar store that you're purchasing the guitar from to throw in free stuff.... I negotiated free strings and picks, ya know stuff that's pertinent to the guitar I'm buying, rather than some frigging t-shirt.... When I purchased my Gibby SG recently at GC, I had them throw in free 4 packs of guitar strings, 20 picks and a 10% off coupon off my next purchase.

Archived