Gibson Brands Forums

Ur Fav Epi Geetaa

I am not on here enough to know how to post pic's, maybe I should hang somemore. Good peopel here.

But my fave is My 05 ES-295, made at the Peerless factory...

Funny thing is I got it cheap on Fleabay because it was modded, and I just returned it back to stock, Put the Bigsby back on, got rid of those P100's and put P90's back in it.. I liked it before now this is my fav guitar.

I just sold my Gretsch 5120 because this thing, to me was better buit and played better in my hands.. I just had to throw that in there too...

I love all my epi's but i guess my SG's are my favs,,,my 2003 Korina G-400 (seen here with the other 2 Korinas,,the V and the Explorer)and my Sg prophecy GX(simply a RIDICULOUS AX,in every respect).

DSC01225.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

I started playing guitar in 1976. I played all the time for the first 10 years. Then I got married, sold off some equipment and gave some to my younger brother. I would play off and on until recently.

In early march, I decided to seriously get back into it.

I bought an EPI G-400 SG, Cherry finish, based on the '62 Gibson SG. I absolutely love the guitar. I replaced the strings with some D'Addario's (my favs), and made some adjustments.

I also bought a VOX VT50. I got a decent deal paying only $399 and no tax

BTW, my first post here. Looking forward to reading and contributing

Jeff

The guitar I learned on was my dad's Epi FT135 back in the '70's. It wasn't a great guitar. But it was important to me.

The neck block exploded the way they are famous for and I got it repaired for him. But I haven't seen it in probably better than ten years now. I hope he still takes it out and plays every once in a while.

It's a neck and neck (no pun intended) tie between ........

My '07 Korean Sherri

GarysCam066.jpg

And my recently aquired '98 LP Std. +Top

GarysCam091.jpg

Being "neck heavy" is the only reason my '05 G400 Custom Flametop isn't in a 3 way tie.

It's beautiful, and sounds great, but I have to use a wide strap that rubs my neck when I play it (unless i'm wearing a collar, which I rarely do)

GarysCam047.jpg

Archived