Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome guitar art idea

lpfan

We have a plotter printer at work that is used for printing out blueprints and I just had an epiphany! Er.. well not an epiphany but an idea for some cool art. I want to print a blueprint for an LP, Strat, or any other style guitars but I need the picture or file to do it. I don't need a "picture", I need something that looks like a schematic. I thought that a big 3 X 4 print would look really cool framed hanging on the wall. Does anybody know where I can get something like this for free because this is for decoration only. I'm not trying to make one but that would be cool too but I don't have that kind of time.

I like the idea.

I've still got rough drawings of the design for my music room ceiling.

an amplifier schematic in black paint on white..

But boy.. the time it'll take to michelangelo that sucker up there..

TWANG

Hmmm...gives me an interesting idea, if there is such a thing as a laser plotter (or are they all ink?).

This would require alot of what-ifs though. Like a flat top Les Paul body, a big piece of photo paper, and other things probably.

Using the Les Paul body shape as a template, you could draw some cool designs, print it out on the huge photo paper, then use thermal transfer to transfer the design to the body. Clear coat it and you're done.

I dunno, just one of my many random useless thoughts.

Archived