Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone LIMITED MODEL ES-335 Block

EpiSheriMan

That's really nice. I wish Epi would do 335 style with Gold Hardware and bigsby/vibrola in a chuck berry style but I couldn't see Chuck Berry putting his name anywhere near an epiphone. He'd probably come and shoot me if he'd heard I suggested it. It's a shame gibson don't do a sig guitar for him because it would be a great opportunity to bring out some gorgeous 345 and 355 reissues

Ha' date=' ha - don't laugh. I guess I have too much time on my hands this morning! I just checked Expedia. A return flight from Charlotte NC to Tokyo (changing at Chicago O'Hare), can be had for as little as $1055.

So, in other words, I could theoretically fly to Tokyo, buy the Epi, have three or four days vacation (provided I found a flea-pit hotel in the one of the world's most expensive cities), all for less than the cost of the equivalent Gibson...

[img']http://www.sweetwater.com/images/guitars/ESDYARDNH/00659705/00659705-front-l.jpg[/img]

because Sweetwater are selling this baby for $3,500.

Hmmm...you've got me thinking...

And, with 2 (at least) dark blemmish spots in the wood??! (Near the backside of the bridge, and further down

more centered.) For $3,500...it had better be "spotless/blemishless!" IMHO.

CB

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this thread out from the dead.

What exactly is a ES-335 Limited ? (compared to a US Epiphone DOT) ?

It sells for about $500 in JP. If it's enough better than the US Dot then it may be worth going to the trouble of having a friend (of a friend) ship one.

Sounds like it may be a Chinese built guitar. Anyone have any idea if the spec or build is different ?

I notice that the Elitist 335's are available in JP as well for around $1500 but that seems borderline since you can get a near-new Gibson for $1800.

Anyone ?

Has block markers, and neck binding, plus finishes (colors) that aren't

seen, on the one's we can get. Don't know about the "electronic's"...

if they're any different, or not? And, the "tulip" tuners, as well as the

crown inlay. The conventional Dot, has the inlay that the Riviera SHOULD

have....and vice versa.

I have a cousin, living in Tokyo, and I've (often) been tempted, to have her

get me one. BUT, if I keep doing this...I'll never get my ES-345! LOL! So...???

CB

Thanks Charlie,

I know what you mean about having one too many guitars... I'd still like to have one semi-hollow and this seemed like it might be a good opportunity. If it's from the same factory with the same quality just a few different parts, it would be an expensive way to see. If it was made in Japan, that would be a different story.

Block inlays are great and everything, but I'm more interested in a bound neck. In fact I'd prefer dot inlays and a bound neck, like late 50s 335s with the long pickguard. That's my favourite Dot/335 aesthetic.

Block inlays are great and everything' date=' but I'm more interested in a bound neck. In fact I'd prefer dot inlays and a bound neck, like late 50s 335s... That's my favourite Dot/335 aesthetic.[/quote']

274969.jpg

Like So? ^^^^^

Archived