Gibson Brands Forums

Must be one heck of a guitar case

timandbob

Did you guys check out his ebay store? He has an awful pile of really expensive guitars and cars there as well....

"Hello...we have an unusual store that specializes in the best Vintage & Used Guitars as well as the rarest Classic,Muscle & Exotic Cars.We have been in the vintage guitar business since 1988 & have been in the Automobile Industry since 1979.Come visit our new showroom in Florida on your next visit."

Next time I'm in FL, I may look them up to take a gander.....

A quick look at this guy's other offerings shows them to be priced about 50 - 100% above the rest of the market.

This is just another example of the collecting mania. Everyone sees a fast buck in it and enough people have bought into it that they have driven the price of old guitars sky high! IT MAKES ME SOOOO MAD!!!!

And now, logically, if the old guitars are a windfall, so must be their cases. GIVE ME A BREAK! Cheers.

A quick look at this guy's other offerings shows them to be priced about 50 - 100% above the rest of the market.

This is just another example of the collecting mania. Everyone sees a fast buck in it and enough people have bought into it that they have driven the price of old guitars sky high! IT MAKES ME SOOOO MAD!!!!

And now' date=' logically, if the old guitars are a windfall, so must be their cases. GIVE ME A BREAK! Cheers.[/quote']Yes, and this is only for the CASE! I wonder how much the guitar is worth?

Take a look at this case on ebay. What is it made of gold?

Or this one?

Poor guy only got $500 for the same vintage Gretsch case.

I've seen ebay sellers with Leica camera boxes from the 1950's, and they want about $1,000 for them. The box isn't worth that much, but if you put a Leica M3 into the box, you can jack up the price to a collector. I assume that this guy is hoping that a caseless ES 335 owner who wants to sell his axe will cough up major bucks to put it in a vintage case.

What really bothers me is that the description of the product is only two lines long, while the description of his auction practises is seven lines long and four times bigger. I can barely read the description next to all that other text. Does eBay charge every time you want to use an HTML tag? All of those <br> would get awfully expensive eventually.

I hate sellers like this for two main reasons:

1. As mentioned above, they are less interested in selling the item to you and describing it as they are in having paragraph after paragraph of jargon and seller information crap.

2. Not priced realistically at all and just waiting for some idiot to make an overblown offer because they think it might be worth somewhere near that.

My Dad has a very good condition, almost all original (tailpiece) 1957 Gibson ES-225T and I don't think that would sell for as much as he's listing those cases if it went to auction no reserve... madness.

I have in my possesion, a crumpled Kleenex brand tissue that was used by John Lennon (of the Beatles) to wipe his glasses on and blow his nose into. This is completely notarized and authenticated.

I am offering it first to my dear friends here in the Epiphone Forum for your consideration prior to placing it on Ebay where, no doubt, bidding shall reach a frenzied pitch!

You offers, gentlemen?

Jim

Guest icantbuyafender
I have in my possesion' date=' a crumpled Kleenex brand tissue that was used by John Lennon (of the Beatles) to wipe his glasses on and blow his nose into. This is completely notarized and authenticated.

I am offering it first to my dear friends here in the Epiphone Forum for your consideration prior to placing it on Ebay where, no doubt, bidding shall reach a frenzied pitch!

You offers, gentlemen?

Jim[/quote']

:-s ooooh... i can harvest his DNA and clone him...... :-k

$500,000 =P~

LMAO!

Archived