Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lpfan

Different take on an Explorer

I have an Electra MPC Les paul that has a similar idea -- there are "modules" that plug in to the guitar so you can access two effects at any time (like fuzz, overdrive, phaser, treble boost, etc.). This is from back in the late 70's however!

I thought the idea was really cool and the price is cheap enough . I don't know how it sounds or plays. I am trying to barter with this guy right now. Maybe I will get lucky.

Gen Zero: I don't know about the brand or quality. I don't think this person is gong to trade though and I would rather spend cash on an Epi. If she does trade I'll let you know and post more pics.

MIDI Man: No but it can toss a salad.

Gen Zero: I don't know about the brand or quality.

That's a Cort Effector. They're OK, but nothing spectacular. The effects are what you'd expect for built in effects (assuming they work) and the guitars are very playable, but could use better tuners.

That's the price range I've typically seen them go in when everything works. I've seen them as low as $85.00 needing work on the electronics, but that's not something I'd want to get into!