Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Stratocaster

Lord Summerisle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a beautiful collection of Strats there Epinder. Too bad they're lefties though. Not many of us could come over and jam with you !

Thank you' date=' actually it's sad to say but I've got a few more.

As far as coming over to jam, no problem, my son is a righty and I bought him a 60th Annv strat too:

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/maccraw/60th%20annv%20strat/1dca_3.jpg[/img]

I have a couple of other righties, just because they're cool. Here is one:

westone_001.jpg

My youngest son wants me to buy him a drum set, the wife won't allow it. YET!!!

We can still jam - I play left-handed... kind of. I'm not terribly good, but I can do a handful of chords and riffs I remember. Playing backwards actually helps when you pick up mandolin - the four low strings on the backwards guitar are the same as the mandolin, just inverted - the guitar goes down a fifth, the mandolin goes up a fourth.

I'll take my modified 80s' Jap Squier against any USA strat Kodee wants to put up. I bought my first USA Strat new in 1978. Owned 2 USA 1970s models and 1 M.I.M. I've also played many others over the years. What I've got now beats any "real" one I've handled. "Real" doesn't come into it with Strats. The design is now generic and there are so many high-quality non-Fender components on the market.

Beatles sound...is that Rosewood Strat as heavy as they say?! Some have said (I've never even seen one, up close)

that George's Rosewood Tele was really quite heavy. So, I'm just curious. It's funny

though, it almost looks like ash or maple, that's been stained "rosewood" as opposed to being an actual rosewood

body. Not saying it isn't...just that it looks more like Ash or Maple? Rosewood generally has a tighter grain, like

mahogany, but even more linear...at least his Telecaster was like that, and one other (photo) I've seen, of another

MIJ "Rosewood" Strat, had a very linear grain pattern.

It's beautiful, by the way, whatever it is!

CB

1985 MIJ Strat, HH, 22 fret. I like the pot placement non this one, one volume, one tone, and lots of room at the bridge. On normal strats I keep hitting the volume pot. This is a great guitar to play.

1985FenderStrat.jpg

1985FenderStrat_4.jpg

Right now it has a Duncan JB in the bridge and a Duncan PhatCat in the neck

DSCN5654.jpg

Guest alanhindle

I guess those Yamahas are keepers! My buddy has one quite like that from the early 90s' date=' only his is plainer (no binding) and has the HB-SC-HB pickup configuration. He's an amazing player, and that $300 Yamaha is still his main axe to this day (played through some kind of monster Marshall stack).

[/quote']

I've just taken some better photos of my '86 Yahama SE350 polished up and in natural light. I think these show it off a bit better:

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

Alan

Well,,no one said it had to be a Fender so here's my 1976 IBANEZ.I bought it brand new in 76 and got it out the door case,tax and all for $199.95(change back from my $200) Over the years ive had to put about $350 into it to keep it going,,,its been re fretted once,,,the bridge pickup died and was replaced wth a dimarzio fat strat. I broke the the bridge right in half onstage one night doing some excessive whammying ( it now sports a Fender Squier bridge.,The machine heads have been replaced with baby Gotohs. it also has a Graphtech nut and Graphtech string trees(stays in tune real good when whammying now)The paint is still original with a few chunks missing but hey ,,its a player,,the neck is not to be believed ,,likewise the overall sound. I'd put it up against ANY Fender from the same era but as we all Know that was not exactly the best time for Fenders ,,heck ,,they might as well been unloading off the trucks with pitchforks in those days.

DSC01419.jpg

MY Noisemakers:

Epiphone 2008 Sg Custom Prophecy GX

Epiphone 2003 Korina G-400 Sg

Epiphone 1998 Korina Explorer

Epiphone 1998 Korina Flying V

BC Rich 1981 Maple Mockingbird Handmade

Ibanez 1976 Stratocaster

Gibson 1968 Les Paul Custom

Charvel Fretless Bass

Washburn Lyon P bass

Guild Madiera P-600 Jumbo Acoustic

Applause A-25 Acoustic

Carlo Robelli 5 string Banjo

Carlo Robelli Electric Violin

Kay Electric Mandolin

Lignatone Mandolin

Midiman Radium Keyboard

2 Marshall JTM-612 60 watt 1 12 Combos

1985 MIJ Strat' date=' HH, 22 fret. I like the pot placement non this one, one volume, one tone, and lots of room at the bridge. On normal strats I keep hitting the volume pot...

[/quote']

Yeah, same problem here. I disconnect the pot by the bridge pickup, and rewire mine for one volume & one tone.

Archived