Gibson Brands Forums

Roy Orbison 12-String

johnl

This could be interesting:

'The event is supported by Epiphone in celebration of the upcoming launch the new Epiphone 12 String 'Pretty Woman' acoustic guitar - the Epiphone acoustic guitar was originally used by Roy when he penned that song.'

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1482

I didn't think 12-strings were huge sellers. I'd be surprised if it gets the 'McCartney Texan' treatment, but maybe it will be a Masterbilt.

This could be interesting:

I'd be surprised if it gets the 'McCartney Texan' treatment' date=' but maybe it will be a Masterbilt. [/quote']

Yeah, Might be a bit tough to get his signature. The link is broken. Could you re-establish?

This is weird; when I went to the epiphone.com homepage I got the Kramer homepage...

Anyhow, there's a pic with Roy and an Epiphone FT-112 Bard. I guess if they were going to reissue the Bard, they would have said so. Maybe it will be a blonde DR-212?

Ok, the website seems to be back to normal. Roy and his Bard:

N_1482.jpg

it's still got the 'E' logo though - didn't know the 2 companies were affiliated in any way, is this new?

EDIT:

By 1995, Henry Vaccaro owned the Kramer Brand; in addition, he was the only one of the original partners interested in continuing in the guitar business. He tried one last time to produce Kramer guitars from surplus parts, in the Neptune plant, but only a few hundred were made.

The Kramer Brand was sold out of bankruptcy to Gibson Guitar Corporation.

Strange...

Earlier this winter I noticed that the Gibson product pages, flat tops in particular, included Gibson and Epiphone models, not Masterbuilts, particularly, on the same page.

I was wondering back then if they were going to dispense with the Epiphone website and related forum. My queries never yielded any responses from Mother Gibson.

The Epiphone site seems to be working as it always has from my vantage point.

Archived