Gibson Brands Forums

Where Are You From ?

guitarstrummer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grew up in the great state of Washington and have lived in Corvallis, Oregon since 1974. I'm 1 1/2 hours from Portland to the north, 1 hour from the Pacific Ocean to the west, 1 hour from the Cascade Mountains to the east and 45 miles from Eugene, home of the DUCKS1

crabboyTerry.jpg

Grew up in the great state of Washington and have lived in Corvallis' date=' Oregon since 1974. I'm 1 1/2 hours from Portland to the north, 1 hour from the Pacific Ocean to the west, 1 hour from the Cascade Mountains to the east and 45 miles from Eugene, home of the DUCKS1[/size']

TWilson,

I hate to disappoint you, but I think ducks live everywhere.

;-) LOL

Dearest Karen said:TWilson,

Thanks a lot Karen. You've opened my eyes to the possibility of a larger world outside there somewhere! You're not making that up, are you? Ducks everywhere?!! ( If a duck buys Chapstick, do they pay cash or just put it on their bill?)

Dearest Karen said:TWilson' date='

Thanks a lot Karen. You've opened my eyes to the possibility of a larger world outside there somewhere! You're not making that up, are you? Ducks everywhere?!! ( If a duck buys Chapstick, do they pay cash or just put it on their bill?)

LOL How do you get a duck to play the blues? Put it in the oven until it's bill whithers.

Born and raised Louisiana swamp boy. Last two years in Florida (South Fl, you can keep your overly-congested, pretentious, little heck of a peninsula). No offense to the few quality people living there....just waaaaaaay too many people for me and not enough guitar stores.

Recent transplant to the frozen tundra of Fowler, Indiana to build a wind farm.

LA, miss your Big EZ livin' !

OoOo Terry! I just saw your yummy, yummy dungeness crab pick!! I miss them SO much! *does the please, please send me some dance!* =D>/

Hubby and I were in Outback Steakhouse just last weekend saying, "If we were in Oregon, we'd be ordering crab right now instead of steak!" OH how I miss the crab!!

Phoenix, AZ. Home of the Superbowl!! Lots of people coming in for the big game. I'm getting out of Dodge, & going to Puerto Penasco, for the week.

Going to go & eat some good fish, & enjoy some peace, & quiet.

I grew up in norhteastern North Carolina and currently live in the community of Aydlett, Currituck County. Currituck is derived from the indian name for 'land of the wild goose'! Later known as 'the sportsman's paradise'. I live 4 miles by water from the Outer Banks....a popular tourist beach vacation destination and 25 miles by land from Kitty Hawk....where the Wright Bros. first flew.

As the picture shows we are home to the Wild Turkey also...as this ol' girl has taken up residence at my house for several months....

img]<a href=http://thumb16.webshots.net/t/50/650/3/99/14/2312399140066230676sHRvMO_th.jpg' alt='2312399140066230676sHRvMO_th.jpg'>

Well, since we've moved since Mike had this thread on the old site, I thought I'd chime in and be the first from Texas. The only state to have ever been an independent country ! We lived in the middle of the state - Waco. Also spelled as Wako. Famous for the Chisolm Trail and David Karesh and the Branch Davidians. Of course, it doesn't matter that they were from a different neighboring town. The closest good bars were in Waco (like George's) so that's where the media thought they were. Duh.

We now live in San Antonio. Riverwalk, Old Spanish Missions - including the most famous - The Alamo. We've lived in NY, FL, NC, CT and MA and really like TX best! 4oyp

Sal, I had the same problem at first. When you post your reply, go to the 6th box from the above left (image) and click on it. You should then have two "img" codes in brackets. Then paste your link to your photo between the two img brackets. Complete your post and then submit it for posting.

When I first did it, it only showed the link to my photo too. Then I hit the refresh button and the photo then appeared. I think I may have also backed out and went back to the main page and then rechecked it and the photo was then in my post.

Okay, I should get a prize for being the furthest away from civilisation! I was born and raised in Nova Scotia (aka God's country), but I've been living in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories for the past decade. It is way up in northern Canada and bloody cold today (-40 C). Thank the Lord my Gibson seems to have adapted quite nicely to the extreme dryness of this northern climate.

40 yeeeears!!!

I can think of at least one other state that was independent besides Texas--- and for a longer period of time! (But your comment convinces me that you are indeed from Texas! O:)/ )

Anyway, I'm up in the Northwest corner- Seattle, WA. Where we have glorious sunshine for about two months a year. And where we lead the nation in per capita purchases of sunglasses.

Archived