Gibson Brands Forums

Where Are You From ?

guitarstrummer

I grew up in norhteastern North Carolina and currently live in the community of Aydlett' date=' Currituck County. Currituck is derived from the indian name for 'land of the wild goose'! Later known as 'the sportsman's paradise'. I live 4 miles by water from the Outer Banks....a popular tourist beach vacation destination and 25 miles by land from Kitty Hawk....where the Wright Bros. first flew.

As the picture shows we are home to the Wild Turkey also...as this ol' girl has taken up residence at my house for several months....

[img'][/img]2312399140066230676sHRvMO_th.jpg

Awwwwww, she's adorable! Do you have a name for her? She looks like a Beatrice to me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitarstrummer wrote:TWilson, is that you in the photo? If so, can you bring a couple of those out in June for the Hospitality Room? #-o/

Hey, Mike, Unfortunately that is me. I'm holding a couple of Dungeness crabs, my favorite food in the world. In the photo they are as yet unaware of the "hot tub' that awaits them. Taken at Newport, Oregon on the Pacific Ocean.

Awwwwww' date=' she's adorable! Do you have a name for her? She looks like a Beatrice to me.[/quote']

She is quite cute and real hoot to watch! We call her Tina Turkey. She will chase cars like a dog. Also,likes colors. She shredded the red bows on our fence over the holidays....and 'bonded' with my neighbors' blow-up snow globe...RRod

90 miles north of TWilson in Portland, Oregon. Born in Eugene, home of the Ducks (ducks are common everywhere, Ducks are rare except in Oregon and California). My father was a Duck, my brother's a Duck; I am, however, not a Duck.

Okay' date=' who wants to trade me places? This is your chance to live in sunny Alberta. That white stuff there is sand; yes, that's it, sun-bleached sand:

[/quote']

Hey Karen,

"Sunny Alberta"? Yeah, I heard about Calgary today -- some folks told me it's like minus 100 deg yesterday and today!! You can keep it.

We have 0 deg C and 12" of new snow overnight!

Nice to see your RX-7 ready to take on the elements...... :-)

Fred

Hey Karen' date='

"Sunny Alberta"? Yeah, I heard about Calgary today -- some folks told me it's like minus 100 deg yesterday and today!! You can keep it.

We have 0 deg C and 12" of new snow overnight!

Nice to see your RX-7 ready to take on the elements...... :-)

Fred[/quote']

Hi Fred,

'Teddy' (as he's affectionately known in the summer; he's aka POS, which is his winter name) has not run in days. It's just a little too cold for the poor old thing. He's 24 years old you know (what would that be in car-years? Is it the same as dog-years?) The past few days the temp has hovered around -32 C, with a windchill of -50 C (That's -26 F and windchill of -58 F for you guys that don't have to worry about this stuff). I hate Alberta..... have I mentioned that already? Bozeman's weather is likely to be the same right now!!

Just in case anyone is interested . . . it has been between -45C to -40 C in Yellowknife these past few days!!! The tires on my truck are frozen flat each morning and they only get round again after you've driven about 800 metres! I haven't factored in the wind chill, like Karen's been doing, but let's just say it is miserable cold. Nevertheless, the fishing here in the summertime makes up for a few months of cold!

Just in case anyone is interested . . . it has been between -45C to -40 C in Yellowknife these past few days!!! The tires on my truck are frozen flat each morning and they only get round again after you've driven about 800 metres! I haven't factored in the wind chill' date=' like Karen's been doing, but let's just say it is miserable cold. Nevertheless, the fishing here in the summertime makes up for a few months of cold![/quote']

I have great empathy for you. I'm impressed your truck even started! We're getting a bit of a reprieve from the cold tomorrow, for one day, then back into plunging below average temperatures. Yuck. I live for summer. Hope your guitars are surviving. :-)

Archived