Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - Got my Masterbilt AJ-500RE

Vic Flick

Here it is:

l_11216c5bd00e41ff81bbb49636e33b69.jpg

Magnificent!!! Warm and Bright at the same time, hit a chord and it rings out for a day and a half!!! The Shadow electronics (esonic2) allow you to choose between the Nanomag and the Nanoflex, or you can blend them together. Unlimited possibilities.

I played a few Masterbilts at Sam Ash last weekend, and the setups were perfect. The action was a bit high on mine, but it didn't take much to get it the way I like it. One half point deduction, the mahogany neck was stained rosewood to match the body, but there was some residue stain on the neck binding near the nut. Other than that one minor flaw, everything was extremely well crafted.

Strings appear to be Phosphor Bronze D'Addarios. 12s I'm guessing.

Congrats.

It was just featured in Guitar Player (issue dated June 2009) in a budget acoustic comparo and won an Editor's Pick award.

They said, "The bottom end is strong, the mids are upfront, and the top end is sweet and complex...[Plugged in], it's easy to get anything from dark jazz tones to crisp, airy acoustic sounds...One of the best made and best equipped mid-priced guitars we've tested...Great balance of delicacy and power."

I have the non "E" version in sunburst. It has a lot in common tonally with my Gibson Advanced Jumbo.

Enjoy!

Red 333

Congrats.

It was just featured in Guitar Player (issue dated June 2009) in a budget acoustic comparo and won an Editor's Pick award.

They said' date=' "The bottom end is strong, the mids are upfront, and the top end is sweet and complex...[Plugged in'], it's easy to get anything from dark jazz tones to crisp, airy acoustic sounds...One of the best made and best equipped mid-priced guitars we've tested...Great balance of delicacy and power."

I have the non "E" version in sunburst. It has a lot in common tonally with my Gibson Advanced Jumbo.

Enjoy!

Red 333

I did a quick web-search to see if I could find the article on-line. Haven't found it yet but I did come across this link to the Epiphone website. Apparently The AJ-500RE won the Editors Pick back in July 2004 as well.

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=117

Archived