Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt Questions

MSwickard

Well just took possession of a DR-500 P this past monday. Bought it off Ebay. Great guitar great sound.

img_0173-75.jpg

img_0182-75.jpg

Anyway was wondering if other Masterbilt owners have ever observed this.

It seems that my guitar has more than one serial number. BTW, this guitar is not a stamped guitar. However, the label list a particular serial as does the original documentation...both being the same number. However, wen looking into the soundhole I noticed that there is a serial number stamped on the butt end of the neck. This number is not the same as the number on the label and documentation.

Anyone have any clues?

Thanks

Mike

I don't know. I've been puzzled by it.

Is the serial number on the soundhole label printed on sticker, or right on the label? Guitars are often given a new serial number if they were sold by a refurbisher. I took that when you wrote yours was not a "stamped" guitar that you meant it was not stamped "2nd" or "Used," as it would end up with another serial number in that case. But like I said, mine was bought new from an authorized dealer, and the neck block and label number differ.

By the way, your DR500P looks great. Enjoy!

Red 333

Thanks!

The serial number is printed directly on the label and that same number is printed on the warrenty card also. So it sounds like it is just like yours. And yes this guitar is not a 2nd or refurb. Bottomline it really doesn't matter, the guitar sounds great so it will get played.

Mike

My AJ500RC also has a different serial# on the block than the one on the label.

When I got it back from having the bridge fixed the Gibson repair person included the repair receit, and he used the number on the label, so that must be the one that counts.

CTF

Archived