Gibson Brands Forums

SG-400 CUSTOM SHOP MAESTRO INFO

Tomkat

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OWNERS MANUAL THEY CAN EMAIL ME? I JUST GOT ONE IN A TRADE AND HE HAD

NO INFO ABOUT THE GUITAR AT ALL. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THEY COST NEW?IS THERE ANYTHING UNUSUAL ABOUT THESE GUITARS? JUST MASS PRODUCED OR WHAT. ON THE BACK OF THE HEADSTOCK IT SAY CUSTOM SHOP

I've got the 1965 G-400 Maestro (cherry finish) which was a 2005 guitar of the month. I think back in 2005 it was priced at $550, but I just bought it recently for cheaper. Seems they could not sell it! It was in their shop for 4 years! I love the thing, and feel lucky to have it. I saw some sell on ebay for $650, and would sell mine for that price if there was a buyer.

The black one was not a guitar of the month in 2005. They also had a white one with 3 pickups and a gold maestro.

All these are custom shop.

I like the black one you have alot! One just sold on ebay for about $350 and I almost bought it.....but would have gotten in trouble with the wife!!

Jeff

As I understand it modern Epiphone "custom shop" models are basically a type of limited edition. In which case you have the usual mass-produced G400 (nothing wrong with that, they're nice guitars) plus the maestro vibrola. The maestros are not easy to buy seperately so what you've got is a better than average Epi SG.

Archived