Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD!!

clarkuss

Today I bought the smallest guitar in my collection. This is a google image. Actual pictures to follow. I'm going to get a new truss rod cover and maybe try and find a vibrola unit or an "R" tailpiece. My friend is also lending me his C series 58 325

anniversary_rickenbacker_guitar.jpg

Today I bought the smallest guitar in my collection. This is a google image. Actual pictures to follow. I'm going to get a new truss rod cover and maybe try and find a vibrola unit or an "R" tailpiece. My friend is also lending me his C series 58 325

Good stuff, looks a mean little bugger, it may be the smallest, i bet it ain't the quietest though.

Enjoy.

Don't let John Hall see that!!!

l_a27f793f1ff68494fe22913916a43047.jpg

RCB%20full.jpg

tokai12.jpg

Jerry, what make is the third one?

RE: Mr. Hall - Haha! yes indeed. I respect that he wants to protect his brand but it kind of annoys me when people on certain forums (not here) get high and mighty about it. I want to one day own a real 325 but I'm not going to get on stage in a Beatle band with a wonky pickguard saying anniversary... I'm all for brand protection and integrity of the product but I'm hardly going to make money out of it or eat into rickenbacker's profits. If I had a spare £2500 I would have bought a rickenbacker. Now I've got this, it makes me even more keen to own the genuine article and allows me to start down the path of playing gigs with a respectable look-alike

anniversary_rickenbacker_guitar.jpg

I've given up on acquiring one of those. The prices are astronomical.

Jerry' date=' what make is the third one?

RE: Mr. Hall - Haha! yes indeed. I respect that he wants to protect his brand but it kind of annoys me when people on certain forums (not here) get high and mighty about it. I want to one day own a real 325 but I'm not going to get on stage in a Beatle band with a wonky pickguard saying anniversary... I'm all for brand protection and integrity of the product but I'm hardly going to make money out of it or eat into rickenbacker's profits. If I had a spare £2500 I would have bought a rickenbacker. Now I've got this, it makes me even more keen to own the genuine article and allows me to start down the path of playing gigs with a respectable look-alike

[/quote']

Tokai. I don't have that one anymore, I should have never sold it. It was like a real Ric-12 with a normal width neck!!! A pleasure to play.

I still have the other two, the top one is a mid sixties Ideal. When I was in High School back in the 1960s, I bought one of those (not the same one). That was my main guitar until I got a Gibson ES-330 in the Summer of '69.

I never had a 325, but I had the full scale 350 version:

l_13edf419d2c94a4a918f58ce2ec6d287.jpg

I don't have Rickenbackers anymore, I never really never played them and with prices going up, I decided to take the profit. I used to hang at the RIC forum, but it got really intense.

BTW, how's the Hofner Club. I was looking at them last year, never pulled the trigger.

I know what you mean about the Ric forum. Sometimes I feel so out of my depth on some forums. I've taken a liking to the ricky style stuff though and can definitely see myself getting another 12. Shame about your tokai. Great quality guitars.

The Hofner Club is a bit "meh" to me. I don't realy play it very much. The neck is very lightweight and thin and the thing is incredibly trebly. I've owned it for about a year but the guitarist in my band played it for most of that time and in the last couple of months I haven't really picked it up much. I got it very very cheap with a hardcase so no harm done and it's done a good job so far. fretboard doesn't seem all that fast but i've not really put much time into it so can't judge it fairly. I sometimes forget I own it to be honest. The new 325 copy cost me a tiny bit more but about half the list price for the club and already it's obvious it is better.

Nice find Clark. I'm sure it now has a great home and other playmates to keep it company.

Mark

Archived