Gibson Brands Forums

Hey Epiphone. it's called m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g

tvyelwhiteflag

for a while last week...all you had to do was call MF and say "TONE" to the order person and you got a free Fender tee....that may still be going on. YES Epi/Gibson needs to do something along this line.

Let us show we are proud owners of Epiphone products!

when I got my LP Studio about a year and a half ago I did get a cool tee shipped to me from Epi...bad part is it shrunk (yeah thats the ticket it shrunk) and doesn't fit anymore.

Capt

Excellent pickup floydpink, I bought 6 of 'em:

1 Gibson

1 Gibson USA

1 Fender

1 Vox - Blue

1 Vox - Black

1 Marshall

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

Sh*t' date=' just realised i dropped $150 on t-shirts (ugghhh).

[/quote']

Yeah but on the positive side you got twice as many as you would've from that Zazzle link ($36 for a 3XL t-shirt?).

I've bought a couple from the eBay link (thanks Floyd).

what are you gonna do if they pick up marketing...... turn up for your next gig in Epiphone logo Tshirt and pants, hat sunglasses and trainers, and epiphone logo ring, earing and nose stud, and epiphone logo fake tattoo and play your guitar with an epiphone pick?

what are you gonna do if they pick up marketing...... turn up for your next gig in Epiphone logo Tshirt and pants' date=' hat sunglasses and trainers, and epiphone logo ring, earing and nose stud, and epiphone logo fake tattoo and play your guitar with an epiphone pick?[/quote']

No. They'll all complain that Epi "Sold Out." =D>

when I got my LP Studio about a year and a half ago I did get a cool tee shipped to me from Epi...bad part is it shrunk (yeah thats the ticket it shrunk) and doesn't fit anymore.

Capt

send it to me cap. i will glady where it, shrunk and all!!!!=D>

I've bought a couple from the eBay link (thanks Floyd).

No problem' date=' always glad to see people blow $150 in t-shirts... wait [b']what!?![/b] Lol, just kidding. Maybe if Epiphone sees this they'll see that there's a demand for merchandise (although they almost surely know that) and they'll launch a shirt, or better yet; make a design contest for the new shirt! Wouldn't that be cool!

what are you gonna do if they pick up marketing...... turn up for your next gig in Epiphone logo Tshirt and pants' date=' hat sunglasses and trainers, and epiphone logo ring, earing and nose stud, and epiphone logo fake tattoo and play your guitar with an epiphone pick?[/quote']

I think the point is that we as loyal Epiphone customers would like to have a shirt or something that we can wear out and about. If Fender can do it why cant Gibson and Epiphone? Well I will answer my own question. Fender is a company that sees the value of the little things and they care about what their customers think.

If Gibson and Epiphone would just think about it like this. if Gibson and Epiphone made 1000 shirts that would mean the 1000 human billboards would be walking around. what if some kid sees the Epiphone logo who knows nothing about guitars and wants to learn. when they walk into a guitar shop they will have brand recognition they will say "hey i have seen the Epiphone logo i will by the Epiphone." right now that kid will be buying a Fender.

But i digress there is no point in complaining since it wont change anything.

I agree that Gibson could push the Epi line more so than they do. That being said, we could always have our own tees' printed up; maybe something just for forum members. Of course we have to look into using the Epi name but its a thought.

I think the point is that we as loyal Epiphone customers would like to have a shirt or something that we can wear out and about. If Fender can do it why cant Gibson and Epiphone? Well I will answer my own question. Fender is a company that sees the value of the little things and they care about what their customers think.

If Gibson and Epiphone would just think about it like this. if Gibson and Epiphone made 1000 shirts that would mean the 1000 human billboards would be walking around. what if some kid sees the Epiphone logo who knows nothing about guitars and wants to learn. when they walk into a guitar shop they will have brand recognition they will say "hey i have seen the Epiphone logo i will by the Epiphone." right now that kid will be buying a Fender.

But i digress there is no point in complaining since it wont change anything.

EXACTLY! Thank you for explaining this, kinda getting tired of having to make that rant here! lol

I agree that Gibson could push the Epi line more so than they do. That being said' date=' we could always have our own tees' printed up; maybe something just for forum members. Of course we have to look into using the Epi name but its a thought.[/quote']

That would be way cool....

Here's an idea off the top of my head;

T-shirt, perhaps a pocket T. Front; logo on pocket or left breast; The Epiphone "E", with the text of "Proud Forums Member - forums.epiphone.com encircling it.

Back; The Epiphone name, centered, with the text "The Greek God of Sound" below in a smaller font. Have this over the silouette of a handful of a few different models (LP, SG, Dot, etc....) with the guitar running vertically centered, filling the back of the shirt.

Spur of the moment thought.....

If we can get Gibson/Epiphone on board and let us use the logos, maybe we could have a t-shirt design contest?

My $.03 (tax incl.)

Brian

That would be way cool....

Here's an idea off the top of my head;

T-shirt' date=' perhaps a pocket T. Front; logo on pocket or left breast; The Epiphone "E", with the text of "Proud Forums Member - forums.epiphone.com encircling it.

Back; The Epiphone name, centered, with the text "The Greek God of Sound" below in a smaller font. Have this over the silouette of a handful of a few different models (LP, SG, Dot, etc....) with the guitar running vertically centered, filling the back of the shirt.

Spur of the moment thought.....

If we can get Gibson/Epiphone on board and let us use the logos, maybe we could have a t-shirt design contest?

My $.03 (tax incl.)

Brian[/quote']

Some good ideas Brian. Getting copyright permission would be our first hurdle; and that may not be an easy task, considering I wrote a month ago concerning " EpiFest " and no word yet.

The next thing would be cost. Naturally the more we ordered the cheaper the cost so we would have to have some commitments to purchase.

If we had some members who are artists we could have them submit some drawings.

Some good ideas Brian. Getting copyright permission would be our first hurdle; and that may not be an easy task' date=' considering I wrote a month ago concerning " EpiFest " and no word yet.

The next thing would be cost. Naturally the more we ordered the cheaper the cost so we would have to have some commitments to purchase.

If we had some members who are artists we could have them submit some drawings.[/quote']

Hmmmm...sound like I'll be tinkering around in Photoshop tonite.... :-

Yeppers...copyright permission is the BIG hurdle. But...if we come up with some really creative stuff to propose to them, it might sway their thinking.

Would we have to get copyright permission to have a design contest?

Brian

If y'all look in Gibsons "Lifestyle" section, scare up apparel, I don't know about now, but they used to have several items with the Epiphone name, hats, pins, and namely, a brown, acidwash looking T-shirt with the Epiphone logo, and a picture of a guy playing a Les Paul on the back, I believe. Aint been there in a while though, they may not have that stuff anymore, who knows?

I'm with you on this one neil. I'd personally never buy epiphone clothing. I'll buy their amps, guitars, cases, guitar affiliated merch but for me clothing with a logo on it isn't really my thing.

I would chip in for a forum t-shirt though. I just like the idea of that. I'd probably stick it on my wall though, I don't really wear tshirts a lot.

Hey! The Gibson'Epiphone tour bus is coming to Vegas next Tuesday. I am gonna be there to get my free string change/set-up (and win me that cherry burst Wildkat). I'll be taking a few pictures to share with you guys ... and shoot a little video if there's anything interesting to see.

That goof-ball in the lab coat is supposed to be there. I wonder if they'll have any neat marketing crap? I'll fling the Forum name around and, if I don't get laughed off the bus, I'll score whatever I can and share it with you guys. Maybe we can come up with some sort of trivia contest or drawing to make it fair.

Jim

Edit: Sorry ... that's a week from this Tuesday. May 5th ...

Archived