Gibson Brands Forums

DOT STUDIO - Black Tusq XL nut???

cinealma

Hi:

I picked up a Dot Studio last week at GC and I'm doing a little "upgrading". Replacing the plastic nut is a cheap job and pretty much a no-brainer. Many have suggested the Black Tusq XL's. Now, I'm not planning to but a Bigsby on this baby anytime soon, but you never know. I know the XL's are meant more for trem quitars, but I've also heard great things about them on non-trem as far as tone and tuning.

So to my question:

Can anyone point me to the right model number for an "already cut" Black Tusq XL for the Dot Studio at ANY online shop?

Thanks for the time and help!

Cheers!

John G.

ok, was doing too much at on time. Sorry Ron. I was asking if you remember the nut dimensions your ordered for your dot. i want to order now if you have info. Otherwise i will need to be patience and wait till i get home later.

ok' date=' was doing too much at on time. Sorry Ron. I was asking if you remember the nut dimensions your ordered for your dot. i want to order now if you have info. Otherwise i will need to be patience and wait till i get home later.[/quote']

I haven't replaced the nut on my Dot Studio. For the OP,I just compared the

measurements of my nut with the specs on the GraphTech website. I recommend

measuring your nut to be (relatively) sure.

There's a "Guitar Finder" on the GraphTech site, but is doesn't list the Dot Studio model, only regular Dot. Not sure if you want to assume it's the same. Best thing is to measure it, but I hope you have some accurate measuring device handy, I was afraid to go with what my tape measurer was telling me . . .

Judging by my Dot Studio' date=' it looks like GraphTech part number PT-6060-00. The measurements, including

string spacing, look correct.

Look here: http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=8

If you do a Google search for that part number, you'll find several places that sell it.[/quote']

Thanks a bunch! I ordered one today from Guitar Stop.

John G.

Archived