Gibson Brands Forums

AJ500RE Electronics

J185

I've been checking out a new just-out-of-the-box example of this guitar. No issues cosmetically or acoustically. I am wondering about the electronics, however. I plugged this guitar into a Fishman Solo Amp and listened to the two pickups. The Nanomeg at the end of the neck works very well. But the Nanoflex under the bridge sounds very weak. I have to move the Blend control all the way to the right to even get a whimper out of it. The Nanomeg really buries it. Any owners of this guitar have any feedback to give me? This can't be normal.

I've been checking out a new just-out-of-the-box example of this guitar. No issues cosmetically or acoustically. I am wondering about the electronics' date=' however. I plugged this guitar into a Fishman Solo Amp and listened to the two pickups. The Nanomeg at the end of the neck works very well. But the Nanoflex under the bridge sounds very weak. I have to move the Blend control all the way to the right to even get a whimper out of it. The Nanomeg really buries it. Any owners of this guitar have any feedback to give me? This can't be normal.[/quote']

That can't be normal as you say.

I played Jerrymac's new AJ500-RE and all the electronics sound great.

It really sounded good plugged into his Carvin acoustic amp.

Yep' date=' the 2 pickups are pretty well balanced. Sounds like you might have used the wrong jack. The endpin jack is for both pickups (mono) and the one on the right is for the Nanomag when using stereo. Perhaps you plugged into the Nanomag jack.

[center']mb_jacks.jpg[/center]

Archived