Gibson Brands Forums

Can anyone help me identify this guitar?

samysamyking

I'm guessing it's an S-series. But other than that, I don't know what model it is

IMG_0186.jpgIMG_0188_2.jpg

I have more pics, if anyone wants, or needs to see them. The serial # is 90010657, it is on a sticker on the back of the headstock. Also, unlike other S-series, it does not have a pickguard.

Your guitar was made in

Korea

January c.1990

Production Number: 0657

Looks like an S-900. But it has the "i" pickups on it. I thought that was from a different series. I cant remember. If someone doesnt positively identify it by tomorrow, I'll search through the forum and look for some older posts. We had one of these come up recently.

Also, is it bolt-on or neck through?

It's to early for my brain to function, but it isn't a S-900. No binding and lack of shark fin inlays.

RTH is correct that there have been other posts regarding this style guitar.

It isn't the pro series. Could be from the EM series. Like I said, it's early.

We'll figure it out.

I'm guessing it's an S-series. But other than that' date=' I don't know what model it is

[img']http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg64/samysamyking/IMG_0186.jpg[/img] IMG_0188_2.jpg

I have more pics, if anyone wants, or needs to see them. The serial # is 90010657, it is on a sticker on the back of the headstock. Also, unlike other S-series, it does not have a pickguard.

Looks pretty close to my Guild S-280!

MyGuildS-280002.jpg

MyGuildS-280003.jpg

Archived