Gibson Brands Forums

Pedal question?

I have seen the reviews of the Boss ac-2 acoustic simulator pedal. I just want to know if anyone here has the pedal or has used it. I have a chance to buy one for $40 from a guy on C-list. that is 1/2 of the store price. but i want to hear things about it before i buy.

Probably won't be of much use but;

I haven't used that pedal as such, but I can tell you that the acoustic sim on my Roland (same company) Cube 30x is far better than I ever expected it to be, and I imagine in dedicated pedal form it could only get better. Make no mistake, it will never replace a real acoustic guitar, but it does a pretty good job in a pinch.

Probably won't be of much use but;

I haven't used that pedal as such' date=' but I can tell you that the acoustic sim on my Roland (same company) Cube 30x is far better than I ever expected it to be, and I imagine in dedicated pedal form it could only get better. Make no mistake, it will never replace a real acoustic guitar, but it does a pretty good job in a pinch.[/quote']

I am thinking the same thing and for $40 bucks its a good deal.

P.S. By the way i love that quote in your signature.

That's a good price so you won't go wrong from that point of view. The AC is a good way to get the 'effect' of an acoustic without having to go to the trouble of carting an extra guitar around. As mentioned, you'll never mistake the sound for a true acoustic but it does give you the general feeling, sounding more like a plugged-in Takamine G-series than a Martin.

I was actually thinking about these pedals the other day...

I'd say give it a shot, see what you think.

Considering that acoustic guitars going direct don't even really sound "acoustic" it might not hurt.

I've heard guitars that unplugged are amazing and then direct sound like garbage.

And if you don't like it and can't resell it gut the box and make your own pedal.

If you have the need to bounce between acoustic and electric within your sets, for convenience I'd say get it.

I've tried that pedal a couple of times, and it sounds to me ( or simulates the sound rather) not much different then what I hear acoustics pulgged in on stages. In other words most acoustics I've heard plugged in don't sound much like an acoustic guitar anyways....LOL, not that I could do any better, just what I hear.

I don't have a need for one, with the stuff and folks I play with. But if I did, and as lazy as I am, I would definitely have one on my board. For 40 bucks and as I mentioned just for convenience I'd get it.

If it's just for home use or similar to replace, or take the place, of an acoustic guitar? IMO, don't waste your money.

Archived