Gibson Brands Forums

Orville by Gibson price query

cyberpunk409

hey guys, got a chance to get my paws on a 1993, Terada made, Orville by Gibson '59 Reissue Les Paul (the kind that has fret-edge binding, nitro finish, gibson pickups, etc). Not your everyday, run-of-the-mill, LP copy. For those of you who actually know your ObG stuff, what sort of price would you say I should be expecting to pay on this ace axe?

hey guys' date=' got a chance to get my paws on a 1993, Terada made, Orville by Gibson '59 Reissue Les Paul (the kind that has fret-edge binding, nitro finish, gibson pickups, etc). Not your everyday, run-of-the-mill, LP copy. For those of you who actually know your ObG stuff, what sort of price would you say I should be expecting to pay on this ace axe?[/quote']

A lot. If it was on sale in Britain I would say a dealer would charge £1200 - £1500. In the US it would be around $1700 - $2000. To be honest they aren't worth that much, the price has been inflated over the last few years by greedy collectors who buy 'em all up. I would rather have an early 90s Les Paul Classic, I paid £700 for mine.

Its not this one is it?...

Resized%20DSCF5231.jpg

Archived