Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Elitist Emperor Regent

Mark Lee

could this guitar possibly be an Epiphone Emperor Regent Elitist?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/bjcarl/epiemporerregent.jpg

my Emperor Regent is identical, but dosnt have the usual elitist label on the indide of the body. notice how it has the script logo characteristic of the Elitist series. and the tone and volume controls are different to other Emperor Regents I have seen. mine also has heavily flamed maple back and sides.the only difference is that mine is vintage sunburst, not cherryburst

and if there was, I would own one and there would be info on the net about it. has anyone else owned/seen an emperor like the one in the pic? its wierd because of the script logo and also the tone/ volume knob placement. mine is also unusual in that it has heavily flamed maple back and sides.

Ain't that the Truth Red!! I wish they would have made one! The Epiphone Script and Vine on that ER looks very similar to my Elitist Sheraton and Broadway. However my Elitist Broadway and Byrdland had different types of script as well. My Emperor Regent has the same Newer block style as does the Bryd. See pics:

ER

emp.jpg?t=1240747789

Byrd

byrd.jpg?t=1240747826

Broad

broad.jpg?t=1240747854

It's too bad I can't get all of the natural colors to sow from the inlays. MY ER has the same contol layout as the one in the pic

could this guitar possibly be an Epiphone Emperor Regent Elitist?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/bjcarl/epiemporerregent.jpg

my Emperor Regent is identical' date=' but dosnt have the usual elitist label on the indide of the body. notice how it has the script logo characteristic of the Elitist series. and the tone and volume controls are different to other Emperor Regents I have seen. mine also has heavily flamed maple back and sides.the only difference is that mine is vintage sunburst, not cherryburst[/quote']

That finish is the old style vintage sunburst and they did away with it a couple of years ago. That's the color I wanted but they were all gone when I was ready for an Emperor. I would love to see pictures of the back and sides of your guitar. Pls post

I shall post as soon as computers agree to like me and/or I work out how to use them properly

It isn't really a difficult thing to do. You take the picture and download it to your computer. You find a server like www.photobucket.com to host you pictures remotely. You then copy said images location (URL) between the img tags while posting here. It really isn't hard to do. I look forward to seeing your ER with flames! Mine is just a plain jane. See Pics

MY ER:

emperorregentback.jpg?t=1240841836

epiphoneemperorregenttop.jpg?t=1240841811

MY Broadway and Byrdland has some nice flames though:

elitistbroadwayback.jpg?t=1240841888

back.jpg?t=1240841914

Wow they are all so lovely! mine dosn't have quite as much flame as those elitists' date=' but its definitely to flamey to be called plain maple.[/quote'] Thanks, I look forward to seeing your Regent!

Archived