Gibson Brands Forums

re: epiphone valve junior head or combo

collin

I plan to add at least one cab when i get it, so which would be better? does the effects on the combo take away from the tube tone or does it not matter which one i get? And also more importantly can I use the Marshall cabs that come with the mg100dfx stack ie the mg412a or mg412b 120w cabs?

I plan to add at least one cab when i get it' date=' so which would be better? does the effects on the combo take away from the tube tone or does it not matter which one i get? And also more importantly can I use the Marshall cabs that come with the mg100dfx stack ie the mg412a or mg412b 120w cabs?[/quote']

yes, you can use 4x12 cabs. if you do, i don't really see the point in getting a 1x8 combo (unless you disconnect the cabinet for practice?)

5w isn't half as loud as 10w, 1w is... 10w is half the volume of 100w, so having a 5w head is between 1/4 and 1/2 the volume of a 100w head... yes, that means it's going to be loud through your 412's. have fun. i'd suggest the head and a small ext. cabinet for when you're not using the marshall cabinet...

Archived