Gibson Brands Forums

Any Famous Guitars in the house?

irishdazzler

Hi again!

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any famous guitars amongst your collections?

I have an Epi LP that the guys from Franz Ferdinand used at a gig, signed and gave away in a prize draw. Now, Im not saying THAT'S famous, because you guys in the US, don't worry if you haven't heard of Franz - they are barely famous over here lol

but im sure some of you guys have some real classics out there?

this my paltry effort

photofxw.jpg

I loaned Keb' Mo' my '98 John Lee Hooker Sheraton II for a jam and he dinged it on his chair. I don't ask for autographs' date=' though. The first jam was enough. (The second was awesome!)[/quote']

Keb'Mo'! I saw him at a blues festival in Canada last year, he was great.

Hi again!

I was just wondering if any of you guys had any famous guitars amongst your collections?

I have an Epi LP that the guys from Franz Ferdinand used at a gig' date=' signed and gave away in a prize draw. Now, Im not saying THAT'S famous, because you guys in the US, don't worry if you haven't heard of Franz -[b'] they are barely famous over here[/b] lol

but im sure some of you guys have some real classics out there?

this my paltry effort

photofxw.jpg

How are they barely famous over here? They are very famous over here. Their 1st album went to #3 and sold 3.6million copies, their 2nd album went to #1 and their latest album went to #2.

Back on topic i dont have any signed guitars but like DizzyFingers said Anybody writes on my guitar, they in fo a heap o trouble...

Franz Ferdinand couldn't have signed any guitar... the Archduke got shot in 1914.

But yes' date=' I've heard of the band.[/quote']

LOL

excellent!

Ps, i know FF are famous, I guess i was letting my musical tastes colour my words! :P

Keb'Mo'! I saw him at a blues festival in Canada last year' date=' he was great. [/quote']

A very nice, easy going guy who looks much younger than his years. His appraisal of his guitar abilities is "it's just a bunch of tricks". I can't remember how many years he was voted acoustic Blues guitarist of the year. LOL! He put a Sheraton II like mine in his arsenal after the first jam, he liked it that much. I have no idea if he left it stock, though.

My Moderne had Dee Snider's (Twisted Sister) autograph on it. When I restored it, I had the autograph removed. I actually like Twisted Sister a bit, but no question about removing the autograph.

Before shots:

P1000706.jpg

After restoration shots (with an iPhone, crappy picture)

Orange-Moderne.jpg

sunn.jpg

Only guy who's allowed to sign my guitar

bb_king-2.jpg

but I think he don't do it.

Peter

I agree with you there, paruwi. I've seen him 6 or 7 times now--don't know for how much longer he'll be around for us--but he could sign my guitar anytime. BB is the king of the tasty phrase. Long live the King! Cheers.

Archived