Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

lpfan

HNGD! I got a brand new Butterscotch Blonde Fender Squier Telecaster today. My buddy at the local shop hooked me up today. They had 180 + tax and he let me have it for 150 out the door with an extra set of strings and he also filed a couple of high spots off the neck for me. Man I love this guitar! I know its a squier but this thing sounds great. Its my first maple fretboard and I just can't get enough of it. I love the finish too. It just looks really good and it just plays so smooth too. I thought it was a pretty good deal for me.

I got a couple of other guitars for a friend off of craigslist too. I got him a red fender squier strat and amp for 125 and a black epi sg special with an epi hardshell case and an amp for 125. Both of the amps were were 15 watt crate amps.

He seemed pretty happy about it so that was cool.

I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm being productive at work. LOL!

HNGD! I got a brand new Butterscotch Blonde Fender Squier Telecaster today. My buddy at the local shop hooked me up today. They had 180 + tax and he let me have it for 150 out the door with an extra set of strings and he also filed a couple of high spots off the neck for me. Man I love this guitar! I know its a squier but this thing sounds great. Its my first maple fretboard and I just can't get enough of it. I love the finish too. It just looks really good and it just plays so smooth too. I thought it was a pretty good deal for me.

I got a couple of other guitars for a friend off of craigslist too. I got him a red fender squier strat and amp for 125 and a black epi sg special with an epi hardshell case and an amp for 125. Both of the amps were were 15 watt crate amps.

He seemed pretty happy about it so that was cool.

I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm being productive at work. LOL!

We'll wait....until then' date='[i'] it didn't happen[/i]! ;>) LOL!

CB

HNGD, lp! Everyone needs at least one tele in their collection ... and that butterscotch looks great! Wecome to the joys of a maple neck as well. At first, going back and forth is going to seem strange ... but you'll get into it!

Jim

Very nice James. Do you sell them or just for personal use? Also, everyone else....so the Squire Tele isn't a bad guitar? Have been gassing for a Tele but am currently saving for amp upgrade.....I think the bank account could handle the price of a aSquire though. Just been kind of snobbish toward the Squire I suppose.

Hi Gentlemen,

Good deal lpfan! I picked up on of those Squier Affinity series Telecaster last year and was very impressed. I installed Fender vintage noiseless pickups and it made the guitar sound excellent. Mine is candy apple red with white pick guard. Here is a song I made with that little tele last winter:

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=81665

tele002.jpg

tele003.jpg

tele004.jpg

Have been gassing for a Tele but am currently saving for amp upgrade.....I think the bank account could handle the price of a aSquire though. Just been kind of snobbish toward the Squire I suppose.

I was like that too and then I found a squire strat for 50 bucks. It needed a nut on the input jack, a tuning machine, and the nuts tightened on the knobs. Really simple stuff. I figured I could easily fix it and sell it for 100 and make a little bit of a profit. After I fixed it I played it of course and was really surprised at the sound and quality this guitar had. I figured I'd keep it, after all I only had 50 bucks in it.

So then I go to my buddies store and that squier tele was the only one in the butterscotch blonde color. I really liked the way it looked so I go get it and play it and WOW. This thing is great. I was really amazed. Now I am sure there are some horrible squiers out there but thats with ANY brand. There are some good ones and some great ones.

Don't be afraid to try one out just cause it says squier on the headstock. If you see one you like go try it and I bet you will be surprised.

Hey LP fan, congratulations! She sure looks sweet and seems like a steal at that price! I had a Tex mex Tele some years back and it was a great guitar. I often wish I still had it. I changed the Pups to Fender CS Texas Specials (I think that is what they were called) and I swapped the tuners as well. It was a real beauty. Anyway enjoy her and welcome to club Tele. Everyone needs a Tele. Quick question, did it come with that case too? If so, double wow!

Hi Gentlemen' date='

Good deal lpfan! I picked up on of those Squier Affinity series Telecaster last year and was very impressed. I installed Fender vintage noiseless pickups and it made the guitar sound excellent. Mine is candy apple red with white pick guard. Here is a song I made with that little tele last winter:

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=81665

[img']http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/w1av/tele002.jpg[/img]

tele003.jpg

tele004.jpg

Man that sounds good. I love the sound you have on that guitar. Nice work.

HNGD!!!! That is a nice looking Tele

I don't mean to change the direction of the thread, but since we're talking inexpensive Teles:

I picked up a left handed SX Tele from Rondo that they were blowing out at $60 last week. It is a BSB and there were issues with the color in the batch of guitars, hence the price.

Here are a couple of photos:

sx_tele_001.jpg

sx_tele_004.jpg

HNGD!!!! That is a nice looking Tele

I don't mean to change the direction of the thread' date=' but since we're talking inexpensive Teles:

I picked up a left handed SX Tele from Rondo that they were blowing out at $60 last week. It is a BSB and there were issues with the color in the batch of guitars, hence the price.

Here are a couple of photos:

[/quote']

Wow, those are some really nice guitars on the cheap. I'm starting to feel a little foolish!

Archived