Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD

lpfan

Kool score! I had an Affinity Telecaster in black, and neckwise, had to do a lot of the things you mentioned, after that, that was my favorite guitar for quite a while 'til I got 'Ol Blue, it was relegated to rhythm duties after that. The last tune I did with the Telecaster is "Pale Rider", in the rhythm section, that guitar had a real nice tone after I got rid of the horrible stock pickups (bridge pickup was out of a Washburn, some kinda rail 'bucker, lipstick replaced with a Duncan Design something-or-other), that mod was like night and day compared to stock. Anyway, congrats, you'll dig it! I want another Telecaster. Nice thing about them Squiers is their cheap, and make a hell of a platform for mods...

HNGD' date=' lp! Everyone needs at least one tele in their collection ...[/quote']

As long as we're showing off Teles, here's mine:

l_4beedcd6b9264765afa56d711bcb83b6.jpg

I ordered it through the Carvin Custom Shop. It has Humbuckers with coil taps, a Graphtec Hexaphonic midi pickup for synth access plus acoustic pickup / preamp. Neck through design (maple), alder sides, maple top. Ebony fretboard.

Was that 2000 guitars you have' date=' Jerrymac?! LOL! You sure seem to have a LOT!

But, hey...that's great/cool!

CB[/quote']

I think I have about 30, but I did have around 70 at one point. I'm trying to get down to the guitars I actually play, I think 20 would be about right.

Here's my humble Telecaster, also a Squier. It's a California Series. I picked this and a Frontman 15G amp up for $270NZ. I then sold the amp for $130NZ, so essentially I just paid $140NZ for the guitar. Less than half the price of a new one. It's far from perfect, has a few dents and marks, but I primarily use it for slide so it has that kind of beat up blues look. You can't really see the dents in the photos though. I thought about giving it the relic treatment but I hate the idea of a deliberately worn guitar.

The pickups are pretty weak but if you dial up the gain a bit they work well for slide. I changed the bridge to a vintage style 6 saddle one.

Telecaster1.jpg

A bit off topic but I have been very impressed with Squire in general lately.

I needed a cheap-but-not-a-toy guitar for my son (a small 10 year old). I got him a mini strat by squire. It sounded terrible until I changed the strings out for some 10s, after which I was truly impressed with the value for money. Nice playable, well finished neck, decent sustain and really the only thing that could use changing is the tuners. Excellent and hard to beat starter guitars in my opinion.

Archived