Gibson Brands Forums

New Elite for moi!!!

HarpBoy

I've been watching a 2003 Elite '57 Goldtop for a few years at the local Long & McQuade. A few weeks back they marked it down by a couple hundred dollars; L&M is the sole wholesaler of Gibson products in Canada and once a year they have a big Gibson sale. I've been drooling over this guitar for a couple of years and so thought, "ah, what the hell...can't hurt to go for the gold", and so I approached one of the staff who I know fairly well and asked if, seeing as they've had this instrument in inventory for a couple of years, maybe they'd like to clear it out by giving me a great deal.

"Let me check with a few people," says my friend. He comes back with a price that's knocked another $250 off.

I just scored a F03 Elite Goldtop for $500 dollars off!

Needless to say, I'm sorta giddy.

I'll post pictures shortly.

Cheers.

My son has an Elitist Gold Top Les Paul and he loves it. You will too. Enjoy the many hours to come wanging away.

Actually, mine is an "Elite"; 2003 being the first year they were made Epiphone hadn't yet changed the name to "Elitist". But it sure is a nice guitar. Top quality through and through. Heavy rascal, though.

Thanks for the best wishes, all.

Actually' date=' mine is an "Elite"; 2003 being the first year they were made Epiphone hadn't yet changed the name to "Elitist". But it sure is a nice guitar. Top quality through and through. Heavy rascal, though.[/quote']

The Elites (2001-03) are/were the cream of the crop so to speak. Bought my honeyburst LP in '03 to serve as my workhorse. Tried a lot of Gibby's and it had every one of them beat on quality points -- at less than 1/2 the price.

and it has exceeded my every expectation. Played 3-4 hrs. daily and it still looks and play like it was sparklin' new.

Mine tips in at 4.6 kilos and I love the weight..., feels like... quality!

Enjoy your new golden one!

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

Archived