Gibson Brands Forums

A.S.A.P is this fake or original!

arerife

im very thanks to you all who help me much.

but the guitar sound i think good lowh.

im weird maybe this seller ia a great replica seller.haha!

And the best think is the seller said he will refud money back if im not satisfied with this epiphone.

in my country not many guitar shop sell this particular guitar.

so sad.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am noy doubting the genuine issue of fake guitars but you have to wonder........

If I can make a fake guitar that is a reasonably good guitar why not either

Make fakes of Gibsons rather than Epis - same amount of work more dollars earned!

or

Start my own guitar brand and do it legit

...or an Epiphoney

LMAO!

If I can make a fake guitar that is a reasonably good guitar why not either

Make fakes of Gibsons rather than Epis - same amount of work more dollars earned!

or

Start my own guitar brand and do it legit

#1 Easier to make a convincing fake of an Epiphone than a Gibson

#2 Not idea! They probably should!

I doubt these folks actually "make" the phonies. I think it's more of a trade & swap to make money. I just have my doubts these are luthiers out to scam guitar players. I would almost bet most of these sellers don't know a barre chord from an extension cord.

I doubt these folks actually "make" the phonies. I think it's more of a trade & swap to make money. I just have my doubts these are luthiers out to scam guitar players. I would almost bet most of these sellers don't know a barre chord from an extension cord.

Well, SOMEBODY makes them, yes?

yea the factories in china that make epis, and others, you dont think that in the great RED CHINA they dont let some slip out the door, or go ahead and just sell body blanks to other conterfitters , china has like the most counterfit stuff in the world right now, I almost bet that these bodies and necks come exactly from the same places that epi allows china to build there guitars, theres probably like an initre district or province where there are just a million factories filled with wood shops manufacturing everything from the wood grain in your lexus to the recliner arm on you lazy boy, and right next to those are the guitar wood shops where theres probably and ungodly amount of epi les paul bodies pilled higher than you can see.......

just my opinion last month i went on this whole fake gibson and epi search on the net thats the only conclusion i could come up with

With all that we know about China and their business practices, it would seem that Epiphone pretty much handed them the keys to counterfeit by moving there in the first place. Not that that makes it ok, but it sure seems like they made it a lot easier to happen.

(still talking out of my arse)

The tuners are definitely bogus... look at the size and shape of the washers. The Serial number is iffy too (the letters don't match the numbers, it's two different fonts), although it's hard to be sure what with the blurriness. Don't like the cavities either. The knobs are out of whack and that mounting screw on the pickguard seems to be too close to the edge. I'd say it's a counterfeit. Here's what the control cavity should look like on an EE LP:

EEcavity.jpg

also the counter bore routing job for the selector switch looks like it's not concentric.... not even close

I just checked mine' date=' and it is not concentric either. I wonder if they are on a Gibson? I think that for the switch location on the front, they [i']can't[/i] be.

I haven't had a chance to read all the replies, so pardon me if this has already been suggested. :D

I cant speak for my Gibby LP Junior, because the selector switch routing was routed when I added the charlie christian pup. However, my 1980 LP custom is pretty damn concentric... but we are talking about a 40 year old guitar, so I really can't give a solid answer to your question.

I cant speak for my Gibby LP Junior' date=' because the selector switch routing was routed when I added the charlie christian pup. However, my 1980 LP custom is pretty damn concentric... but we are talking about a 40 year old guitar, so I really can't give a solid answer to your question.[/quote']

Can you post a pic of your Gibson, and you Epi? I'm not able to post mine right now, but since I got it through MF, I feel pretty confident that it's authentic.

I don't have an Epi Les Paul......... And I don't have any images of the routing on my Gibby 80 Les Paul Custom.... At this point I don't procure Chinese made guitars.

If purchased your guitar through MF, you have nothing to worry about in regards to authenticity.

Archived