Gibson Brands Forums

BitMo TRIO mod

I just stumbled upon this site, offering a kit for $50 that sounds great.

Does anyone have any experience with it? From the description, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for - a less muddy sound, with options for a subtle overdrive.

Also, do I need to buy anything addtional? They talk about the tubes, but I don't know anything about the inside of my amp, so I'm asking.

[EDIT] I figure I should probably put the link in...

http://thetubestore.com/bmtrio.html

As long as we're on the modding subject, is there a way I can connect a second cab? I'm also looking for a volume boost, and I figure a second speaker wouldn't hurt. I was originally looking for a 2x12 cabinet, but if I could add a second Valve Junior cabinet I'd prefer that... for cosmetic reasons.

Would I add a second 16-ohm output, or could I just add a cable splitter and connect both? I noticed your avatar, so I figure you're the best to ask.

I did the Bitmo Trio mod. It made a big difference in the sound. It was easy to install, and took about an hour. If you can read, and use a soldering iron you should have no problem. I also changed both tubes to JJ's which made noticable improvement. Highly recommend the tube change, as it costs 20 or 25 bucks. Please post your findings when you do the mod.

Blessings

If y'all say it was that easy, for $50 I might as well try it. I'll keep the tubes I have for now, and see how it goes. I'm not sure when I'll do it, though... I have one major project going on now, and a guitar that needs paying off.

i found it easier to order the kit. Very good it is too! worth the money. Yeah the parts are only a few quid but the instructions are very clear and helpful for future reference

SEWATT is good but people like to talk technical even when you say your a beginer. I have found it useful once id played about with my valve junior. I spent a few months reading on sewatt and a lot makes sense now.

Archived