Gibson Brands Forums

trans blue studio

jagg11

I haven't seen that color, either, but I D@mn sure LIKE it! I have a worn brown studio:

The pickups that came stock with my studio were -

Neck: LP Classic Neck (HB6N/8.3K)

Bridge: LP Classic Bridge (HOTHB8B/13.5K)

Lots of bottom end sound, almost to the "muddy" point. Sounded good,

took my ear awhile to figger it out. I changed out to Gibson 498T/490R.

But, still nothing wrong with the stock pups!

I'm working on getting the one that's my avatar. it's a 95 Korean with factory EMG 81/85 setup. haven't had the chance to play the studio yet have to repair a small crack in the neck. but the color and the price had me sold/ I bought it as a 2006 NOS not a blem or 2nd.

The Les Paul Studio in blueburst was most likely some kind of LE and as such won't show up in any documented list of available colours.

They also offered the Elitist Les Paul Studio in blueburst for a limited time; gorgeous guitar.

the difference between old and new and wood types, in normal daylight it looks solid blue until you catch the light the right way and you see the grain pattern. my syringes should be here any day and I should be thrashin on it hopefully by next weekend. besides you can never have to many blue les pauls, I think I gotta go with at least one of each(flame top, quilt top) or as many as I can afford. thats why I couldn't pass on the studio.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my studio repaired. I purchased some medical grade syringes injected some titebond and clamped it for about 36hrs. glue joint is strong and holds some pretty heavy gauge strings with no flex. the only problem I have is that on both sides where the cracks throught he finish are it was slightly raised. so i carefully brought it down with a razor and smoothed it with some scothbrite, because the glue dries with a sligt yellow color you can see where the cracks were. don't really care to much about that. undecided if I'm going to leave it and have that relic look like it's been played so much it dulled the finish or attempt to make it glossy again. either way it plays great. the only thing I did notice is that this was no accidental dropping this was a defect from the factory. after I glued it and strung it I noticed that if you pinged the back of the neck above the repair it sounds hollow. granted I know the truss rod cavity is right there but it,s not that. I guess I pinged it a bit to hard with my finger and now there is a little indent and small crack in the finish, and no I don't have super human strength. all in all completely happy with this rare guitar and will no be playing the hell out of it.

Archived