Gibson Brands Forums

Found some info on a nat. hummingbird...

here is a link for a site selling a nat. hummingbird i stumbled upon tonight ( a beautiful nat. hummingbird )...bought a sunburst model back in august...gotta say i love it...i have always wanted a hummingbird-alot of legendary songs have been written on a h-bird, it has such a vibe and soul...everything that acoustic music should have! anyway i thought someone on here would appreciate the link-enjoy!

Hi Crow,

I stumbled upon one of these beauties this time last year at my local epiphone dealer. Personally, I can't stand the place but was looking for a new acoustic and they had a big sale going on on the epiphone line. Growing up I remember my brother always having his hummingbird. He passed away about fifteen years ago and I still have his old 'bird. Anyway, I had never seen one in a natural finish. When the salesman brought out the epi in a antural finish, I strummed a few chords and bought it on the spot. I looks VERY nice sitting next to my brothers sunburst 'bird. The only way I would ever part with it is if someone pried it from my dead hands. I have not seen another one like mine since.

I have seen 2 in the last few weeks at two different local music shops. One of them had an especially nice looking top.

I picked up my sunburst Hummingbird used for $250 already set up with upgraded tusq saddle & nut. I guess Epiphone is starting to ship these natural topped ones out to local shops. I had never seen one in person until the last couple of weeks.

I kinda like them...

Archived