Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay Frehley

mgrmatt

Here is another bad looking ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-Ace-Frehley-Les-Paul-Classic_W0QQitemZ270388874536QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's for a Ace Frehely LP, several thing look wierd, it's direct from China and it also looks like the sellers feedback is bogus. I just hope nobody falls for it.

mgm

The majority of the 22 bracelet feedbacks are from people with zero feedback themselves. The tuner washers on top of the headstock look too big, the Epiphone script on the headstock looks too narrow, the p/u's don't appear to be mounted straight and another red flag ( atleast to me. ) $399.00 for a new Ace Frehley LP with free shipping direct from China.The same seller has another auction listed as a Slash LP for $399.00 which appears more like a Epi LP Custom. I personally would stay away from both of these but that's me.

mgm

I'm not sayin that the chinese built epi's are inferior in quality, but unless you buy one from an authorized dealer or you do plenty of research especially before you buy one online from china. my 06 studio is from china but I bought it from a reputable dealer on ebay and called epi because of the rare look. you are better off in the long run to buy from an online dealer off of ebay or where ever that you can verify the source.

Three things:

(1) the tuners are bogus. Grover does not use a large washer with a raised center like that.

(2) the pickups are bogus. DiMarzio Super Distortions have black hex socket screw pole pieces; these look to be flat chrome slugs.

(3) The Ace Frehley is a discontinued product. It has not been available for a couple of years; yet they are pimping it as a 'new' guitar.

DiMarzio Super Distortions have black hex socket screw pole pieces; these look to be flat chrome slugs.

Not all of them do

but what's striking about those 'Super Distortions' is they look to be stacks...no visible hex hole.

That's even worse.

Here's a shot of my Super Distortion' date=' but I have seen the black hex version.

[img']http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h312/bobbydamm/Les%20Paul%20Plus%202009/100_1490.jpg[/img]

100_1513.jpg

yep its the same as the one i got sucked in to by before i found out what to look for' date='and they are a pile of junk but there out there still selling them..when were they deleted..rotcanX do you know?..[/quote']

Looks like 2006 was the last year for the Frehley... it disappeared from the 2007 catalog.

Not all of them do

but what's striking about those 'Super Distortions' is they look to be stacks...no visible hex hole.

That's even worse.

Here's a shot of my Super Distortion' date=' but I have seen the black hex version.[/quote']

I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up!

crazy8s846 all i can say is i love mine :D/ i think they are good value for money too..the super desortion pic ups are about $179 each times that by 3 so close to $300.00 not bad when the guitar retails for about $1700..1800 here in australia if you can still get one...

crazy8s846 all i can say is i love mine :D/ i think they are good value for money too..the super desortion pic ups are about $179 each times that by 3 so close to $300.00 not bad when the guitar retails for about $1700..1800 here in australia if you can still get one...

I think i lucked out finding the one i did here, it being a new 04 and all. Im going to put it on lay-a-way monday, i dont think its going anywhere. After i get this one paid off im going to start paying on a Gibson SG faded, dont think i could afford one of the other SGs.

Archived