Gibson Brands Forums

Orange tiny terror. anyone got one or views?

Just been checking out loads of amps and see these, they sound awesome on youtube just wondered if anyone had one? Combo or head?

Head through a 2x12 or 4x12?

Any review. Im really liking the sounds and amount of gain available and the 7 watt/15 watt switching option too. good price for me too.

Thanks.

Besides the fact that it looks like my cars battery recharger, no...

I can't access sewatt.com from home anymore since they switched ISP's but I think they have a OTT section set aside for them, but I can't access any info there till morning.

MrJones.. I did a search on sewatt only a few things there but since it is a push-pull amp it appears more info on the other watkin's web site ppwatt.com

Vox Nigt Train is a good choice (similar car battery chrager look as the Tiny Terror)

http://www.voxamps.com/us/modernclassic/nighttrain/

or

how about the new Marshall Haze

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=Haze%20Overview

The youtube review is pretty good imo but not enough to sell it to me.

The youtube tiny terror review is great. The vox night train is great to but it think i preter the orange bit more as the vox always seems bright even on fat setting. I would use a eq pedal withe orange to help a little with tweaks i felt nessasary. Very close between the two but i feel orange maybe best for me.

(Tiny Terror Review)

(Night train review)

Both reviews very similar check them out!

Get the Tiny Terror. It is now my main gigging amp. Put it through a 2x12 or 4x12 and it's plenty loud enough.

I use mine live with a Marshall 2x12 cab and a boost pedal. It keeps up with the rest of my band (another guitar, bass and drums) and we play 70s rock.

I used to use my JCM800 combo but it's now been retired in favour of the little Orange beauty.

Man' date=' that thing sounds awful. Could they make it any mushier and darker? The 15 watt version of that thing would be buried on stage, if it truly sounds like that for real. [/quote']

Yeah, my So Cal doesn't have as much gain but it sounds much brighter and more "present" than the 15w Haze head, at least from that video. So far NO ONE has had trouble hearing my So Cal at our gigs!!!

JoS

Get the Tiny Terror. It is now my main gigging amp. Put it through a 2x12 or 4x12 and it's plenty loud enough.

I use mine live with a Marshall 2x12 cab and a boost pedal. It keeps up with the rest of my band (another guitar' date=' bass and drums) and we play 70s rock.

I used to use my JCM800 combo but it's now been retired in favour of the little Orange beauty.[/quote']

Could you possibly compare the two? Are they similar seeing as you now have changed from one to another?

Would this do a good 80's rock tone too you reakon?

Thanks mate your opinion would be great

Could you possibly compare the two? Are they similar seeing as you now have changed from one to another?

Would this do a good 80's rock tone too you reakon?

Thanks mate your opinion would be great

It can do 80's rock but you would still have to put a pedal in front of it to get that hyper-distorted sound.

Put it this way; It can do 'Slash' no trouble at all. It won't be able to do the Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen etc. without some help.

It's got more dirt than my jcm800 and at a lot lower volume. You have to push a 50watt jcm800 a fair bit before it gives up the goods. If you chuck a good boost pedal in the front end of the Tiny Terror, it sings for weeks.

I would never get rid of my jcm800 but the Tiny Terror does it just as well for less volume. If you need more distortion then a jcm900 might be the way to go.

I wish I was doing a gig in Luton soon so I could give you a demo first-hand. If you make it to Kent any time soon, give me a shout and you can compare the two at my gaff.

Ok Mate that great thanks. Jcm 800 is my sound really but would be for indoor practice only, in a flat so not practical. Im ok to play a bit louder than the Valve junior and always nice to have the louder option too. Slash is my thing really. I have a um300 (Behringer) ultra metal for tons of distortion and to give really heavy thumping palm mutes and i also have a Marshall guvnor2 pedal which is good for boosting solos or using at quiet volume. It also can get van halen style distortion turned up at max on the gain. Does a good 80's distortion sound well.

Thanks for your help. I will be getting one for sure, just got to sell my other bits for the money now! I'll be playing through my laney's speaker so be playing through a 1x12 celestion (Super 65) think it is. The cab is an open back too, would it sound better closed up at bedroom volumes or 7 watt maxed?

Thanks for your help. I will be getting one for sure' date=' just got to sell my other bits for the money now! I'll be playing through my laney's speaker so be playing through a 1x12 celestion (Super 65) think it is. The cab is an open back too, would it sound better closed up at bedroom volumes or 7 watt maxed?[/quote']

I have used the celestion in my jcm800 to amplify my Tiny Terror on many occasions. If it's a small gig, it's often easier. The fact it's an open-back helps when it's a 1x12.

When it comes to the difference between 7 watts maxed and 15 watts, there is hardly anything in it. You could push it at 7 and it would sound awesome. Flick the switch to 15watts and it would sound just a little bit more awesome :)

Ok no problem will keep the amp open at the back. As i plan to keep this other amp i may change the speaker one day for a top of the range celestion, and recommendations? I heard greenbacks or Vintage or something like that.

Just off to work now so i can start modding the my laney into a head/cab rather than a fixed combo. Well im running seperate cables from amp to jack and speaker to jack then link for using the laney and use independantly where ever else needed.

Cheers for your help mate

Archived