Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone techie question.. (help needed)

Mass

Hi all,

Hope you're having a great weekend...

I have a question-

I just got an Epiphone '67 RI flying V.

I took off the PG and the pots (2 volumes and 1 tone) aren't marked w/ specs.

Does anyone know the values of these pots? I'm looking to upgrade them.

As well as that three way switch!

Thanks in advance,

Mass

I don't mean to sound insulting to your intelligence or anything, but if you took off the pickguard, aren't you looking at the top of the pots where the shaft comes out? They're usually stamped with their values on the back/bottom of them. I Don't know whether a 'V' has an access panel in the back, but maybe pull that off and look at the bottom of the pot instead.

I'm sure you already knew this though!

If not, then I'd have to agree that they're 500K Ohm pots. That's what my Epi's have got.

I don't mean to sound insulting to your intelligence or anything' date=' but if you took off the pickguard, aren't you looking at the top of the pots where the shaft comes out? They're usually stamped with their values on the back/bottom of them. I Don't know whether a 'V' has an access panel in the back, but maybe pull that off and look at the bottom of the pot instead.

I'm sure you already knew this though!

If not, then I'd have to agree that they're 500K Ohm pots. That's what my Epi's have got.[/quote']

I believe the electronics on a V are attached to the pickguard much like a strat, so the only way to read the values on the back of the pots is indeed to take the PG off.

Archived