Gibson Brands Forums

Same guitar, Different colour logo/binding Genuine??

Nah. Those are the correct colours. With the Antique all the creamy white coloured (plastic) parts are stained in beer and nicotine flavours.

Beer and nicotine ... certainly works for me! I truly like the looks of that guitar, but it would have to get a pickguard and for some reason, I think the pup's should be covered on that one. I guess my best course of action is to go with a standard LP Custom and just blow smoke at it for a couple of years!

Jim

Beer and nicotine ... certainly works for me! I truly like the looks of that guitar' date=' but it would have to get a pickguard and for some reason, I think the pup's should be covered on that one. I guess my best course of action is to go with a standard LP Custom and just blow smoke at it for a couple of years!

Jim[/quote']

It's weird that the Epiphone versions of the Classic Antique are more convincing than the Gibson versions.

While the first has a natural yellowish-tinted aged colour, the latter seems to have an almost artificial orange-peel coloured binding.

Archived