Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone EJ212VS - a little help Please

jwfretter

Hello everyone, i'm a newbie here. Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on my guitar for me. I have owned briefly a few Epiphone acoustics over the years but have never kept them because , well they simply did not sound very good. I recently bought a jumbo 12 string Epiphone purely on looks as i have always liked the look of them. Man... i was totally blown away by the sound of this baby. Hands down the best sounding 12ver i have ever touched. Every once in a while you find a good one and this is it. The model number is EJ212VS and serial # is S94070009. Korean made. Can anyone tell me what year this was made? Thank you very much

First thing I saw was the "212" and I immediately thought we were talking about the currently one available 12 string in Epi's line. Fine enough for the money you pay, but not great. Then I see the letters in front, esp. the "J".

Can anyone fill me in on this model? How long ago was it available? Woods (any solid?). Anyone else with some experience with it? Hmm, think I'll go check Harmony Central, too.

Just so you know, I am getting to be a fan of "Jumbo" for a 12. Martin's J-sized 12s beat heck out of their Ds, IMO. I'm sure it's just my own preference and lots of folks may disagree (and express it strongly here), but there it is.

Archived