Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson CHEATS Lollapalooza winner?: Give Tonedeff what is rightfully his! ISSUE RESOLVED

Nova

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:-k

I am very impressed with how Gibson handled this situation, and I am sorry if I came off as a dude who wanted to tarnish the company. Obviously there has been some issues that Tonedeff had not been made aware of (or Gibson for that matter), concerning a certain someone who used to be a Gibson employee.

Kudos to Gibson for fixing this issue, and I am very happy to see this, because I really love my Les Paul. :-k

However you may feel about my approach by making this thread and others like it across the internet, it was part of the solution. And I think Gibson will ultimately GAIN on this by resolving this QUICKLY.

Once again, I applaude you..

Now, if you excuse me I will go edit my initial post a tad bit. :-$

Nova...

Im happy it ended well for you...

You must understand something my friend.

Gibson guitars are a religion to some people. Its their true passion.

So, to "rant" against Gibson will only put peoples backs up...

Especially on this site. This is Gibson Mecca...

Now I have to go...I need to make sure My LP is comfortable. =D>/

actually from what I've gathered, Gibson doesn't owe this person anything. Frankly sounds like someone promised something they were in no position to promise. If Tom, **** and Harry show up at your event, promise to give your $10k worth of Fender gear even though they haven't spoken with Fender or a music retailer who will provide the gear - how exactly would it be Fender's responsibility then to "buck up" or "take responsibility" for something they had no part in or of which they were never aware?

I couldn't offer any services or products from my company as a gift or prize without having clearance even though I work for the company. Why don't the promoters of the event step up to the plate? I've dealt with these types of giveaways, sweepstakes, etc for years and in every case, the company promoting the event was responsible for delivering the prizes NOT the manufacturers.

I totally agree, Coltom. It also really chaps my hide that people on the the original blog and some on this forum thread are implying that the only reason this matter was promptly handled by Henry was due to the actions that they took by making "the world" aware of this. The fact is, Henry would have handled this the same way a year and a half ago, if the contest winner would have contacted him then.

And as Phelix says, "it's a pity Gibson got tarred over this". Yes, it is a pity Gibson got tarred over this because people jumped to conclusions and then took it upon themselves to use radical and irresponsible means to try to resolve it, rather than going through proper channels to fix the problem.

The Internet can be a valuable tool, but it can also be very damaging when used in the manner in which it was in this case. Unfortunately, the damage to Gibson has already been done.

I vote to have this thread deleted....

anyone else?

Actually, deepblue1963, I think I am for leaving it sit right here, but I wish it could be locked so that some of the rants in the early part are enshrined--as is Gibson's very cool response. It appears that the Gibson crew here on the forum read Henry's email message rightly: the Lollapalooza prize package was never authorized by Gibson.

Coltom beautifully reiterated what we've been saying to these people for days: Lollapalooza had a responsibility to get this prize package nailed down and legally approved before going public with it. I for one am shocked that no one including Tonedeff ever went to Lollapalooza and complained, yet they had no problem waging a campaign against Gibson.

As guitarstrummer said, the damage to Gibson is done, and I am more than willing to bet that almost none of the people sending forth the message of hate about Gibson will now go to all the internet sources and clarify that not only was this not Gibson's fault, but that Gibson made a restitution above and beyond the call of duty.

"It's a pity Gibson got tarred over this." Pretty ironic comment, given the Internet garbage of the last few days. I wonder if any of the critics here will also note that after all this garbage, Gibson still is helping to underwrite a Lollapalooza festival that bred a whole bunch of headache. That too is something people now should be applauding all over the web, rather than patting themselves on the back for "getting the man," as it appears to sound.

Sorry for ranting myself, folks.

Ignatius

Archived