Gibson Brands Forums

First new guitar in over a year.....

Svet

and it isn't for me! Hey guys, I just bought a MIM Telecaster for a friend of mine. He is going to be my best man in my forthcoming wedding and today is also his birthday. He is the one responsible for getting me into guitar all those years ago. He has since stopped playing for the most part so I hope to give back the gift he once gave me. Playing the guitar is my escape from the daily routine and it helps me relax. I hope this guitar renews his passion and gets him back into the game! This morning I threw on some new strings and gave it a good setup. I hope he likes it and it really is a nice guitar. See pics below: BTW, he’s a Fender guy and always wanted a Tele, else a EPi LP would have been purchased.

mikesguitar.jpg?t=1243084489

mikesguitar2.jpg?t=1243084514

That's a very thoughtful and meaningful gift, given your history together. I hope it brings him hours of enjoyment!

When are your nupitals, soon? You'll have to let us know, so we can send you congratulations and good wishes.

Red 333

Hey guys, he really loved the guitar! It was an awesome feeling giving a gift like that. Hey Spud, that Squire sure looks nice, I hadn't know of those and the store I went to didn't have any that I'm aware of. Thanks for the well wishes and I'm getting married in two weeks.

Archived