Gibson Brands Forums

Riviera limited edition P93 with Bigsby bridge replacement

crust

Hi everyone,

Well I've recently got this fine instrument, but it's a "string popper" I want to change the bridge to a "roller" bridge (popped a few strings already, strings broke at the bridge saddles). I need some help determining what type of roller bridge would be a good replacement for the bridge that comes "stock" on this guitar. Also looking at a "rocker" style bridge but I'm not sure if that would be a good replacement for the "stock" bridge because there are no "rollers" on all the "rocker" style bridges . Any suggestions (other than get a different guitar) ?

Help a guy out.

Thanks

Hi,

I changed the bridge on my Limited Edtion Riviera with Bigsby for a roller bridge from StewMac. It's a drop in replacement but you have to set the action and intonation yourself. The new rollerbridge sounds a bit darker compared to the original.

g,

Ian

stewmac ok, do you know what the "model number" of the "drop in" roller bridge is ?

I'm not sure if it's this one

5276-G Gold

Locking_Roller_Bridge_Detail.jpg

or the Schaller

1266-G Gold

Schaller_Roller_Bridge_Detail.jpg

crust are u looking at the p93 with the 3 p-90's ? if so, hit twang with a pm. i do not think the first one will work. i to have the p93, but have not broken any strings yet. using 11's for strings.

I looked at both for my P93 and eventually got the Schaller. Although the post spacing is the same as the stock bridge, the ferrules are a smaller diameter, so you have to fill the holes for the stock bridge and re-drill them. The only problem with it is that the posts are pretty thin, and when you tighten up the strings the whole bridge tilts towards the neck. I haven't actually had any problems with it though, but if I were to do it again I probably would go with the Stew-Mac.

That's my $.02

Matt

Archived