Gibson Brands Forums

How to Replace Bridge on Sheraton II

jplanet

There's nothing to it. Pull off the old bridge, put the new bridge on the studs. Screws go forward.

You could roughly align the saddles with your old bridge saddles to get you in the ball park for intonation, but you will still have to intonate it.

I went ahead and orered the replacement bridge as advised in this thread:

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10439

Can anyone point me in the direction of any kind of instructions on how to go about this' date=' what tools I will need, etc.?[/quote']

There's nothing to it. Pull off the old bridge' date=' put the new bridge on the studs. Screws go forward.

You could roughly align the saddles with your old bridge saddles to get you in the ball park for intonation, but you will still have to intonate it. [/quote']

Yeah, pretty much what Mike said. Just loosen the string, plop off the old bridge, the new one should plop right on. You might need a flathead screwdriver to raise or lower the studs, a small, fine triangular file (sometimes the notches on the saddles are too shallow for the lower strings), some really fine sandpaper (I like the black stuff you can wet like 600 grit) if you need to smooth out the notches. Nothing that you can get at your local True Value or Home Depot.

As Mike said, use the old bridge saddles for a guide, and also before you remove the old bridge measure how high & low E saddles are off the body. This way, you can match the new bridge to that height.

When you get the new bridge on, let us know how it's going and we'll take it step by step from there.

Thanks a lot for the info...Hopefully I'll get some time over the next few days - I actually want to use this guitar on a session mid-week and don't want to mess up the intonation just before recording, so I'll wait till that session is done, hopefully Wednesday...meanwhile, I appreciate all the help!

Archived