Gibson Brands Forums

EL-00

majtom

I got one of these a few weeks ago because I decided that, most of the time, Dreadnaughts were just _too_ big for me. The EL-00 seemed the most reasonably priced smaller guitar I could find. I was and am really impressed with the sound, the ease of use, the fit and finish, and the "vibe" of the guitar. Just look at that famous picture of Robert Johnson in suit and hat--those big, big, fingers, but the guitar he's playing is just about exactly the same as the EL-00. It's got a thin body, and that 3/4" shorter scale is a real help for me. The sound is mellow, but quite loud. Ideal for me. These Indonesian Epiphones are really nice.

Glad you like your EL 00. It's a fun little box. If you get the opportunity to replace the saddle (and nut) with bone, you may find it unlocks some more potential.

For a more modern tone in a small body guitar, look into the Masterbilt EF series.

Those fingers of Robert Johnson's were just UNNATURAL, LOL. They were cerainly the hands of someone born to be a musician!

Red 333

Congratulations on your new guitar!

I'm also a fan of small-bodied guitars, and the EL-00 that I played was definitely nice. It's also a really beautiful little axe, which makes it even more fun to play.

And yeah, Mr. Johnson's fingers really were perfect for a guitar neck. Some people have all the luck!

Selling_the_soul_to_the_devil.gif

• 5 months later...

Archived